Be very weary of Viking Bags - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By mkhatcher
  • 1 Post By shadowride69
  • 1 Post By 07midnightcustom
  • 1 Post By baron58
  • 3 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Angry Be very weary of Viking Bags

So about 2 weeks ago I ordered a set of hard bags and quick disconnects from viking bags. They shipped and arrived quickly and thats where the good ends. Mounted them up which was a tad difficult but doable. Bags looked good and functioned well for about 10 days. Went to show off my new bike with awesome saddlebags and one of the locks decides not to open with all my insurance and stuff inside. Sooooo, I call Viking and tell them hey one of my locks is not working so I need some help. This f****** idiot has the nerve to ask me "what do you want me to do about it from here? You need to take it to a locksmith theres nothing I can do" So, caught off guard I say I just spent $450 of my money on your product and now its failing so I hope you can do something! What can you do from there REALLY, shove it and poop me out some gold bars so I can buy real stuff and not have to deal with your ungrateful dumb self. Needless to say they are not helping AT ALL, their support is based overseas some where with slurred numbers and ungrateful attitudes and they need to be fired or dismantled. I would not recommend this $hit company to anyone. But, if anyone has a direct path to AN AMERICAN I can talk to, I'd really love to change my opinion. Thank you for your ears
crperryman and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:15 PM

Dude that sucks i hate when i spend my hard earned $on something and it isn't up to par especially that kind of $ but have you got it opened yet just stop by a locksmith shop and one might hook you up

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Keith Post likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:52 PM

That's crazy. I've had good luck with viking bags myself. Have you tried calling again or emailing in attempts to contact someone more willing to do their job?I've never had to deal with them for any quality or warranty issues but I'd assume at 10 days old they would be willing to stand behind their products as they're a pretty popular company.
Keith Post likes this.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:17 PM

Garage
Viking bags is really not a company, just a distributor for Chinese made saddle bags. The distributor just has the Viking name on the bags. They have a fancy website but it is just one guy. They ship from where houses across the country. A large company in China makes saddle bags for a lot of distributors which are basically Saddleman clones. Jafrum has their bags made buy the same company.

Viking has had mixed reviewed for years. They are a cheap version of a more expensive US made bag.

Viking is just the US front and money collector for the Chinese company.

2.5 out of 5 stars https://www.yelp.com/biz/viking-bags-brea-2

More fun stuff

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...t-c314449.html
Keith Post likes this.

Last edited by baron58; 05-17-2017 at 07:21 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

I finally got it open while trying to drill out the bolts that hold the post on. I fed one of those insulation supports through the crack and was able to pop it. The cause was a U clip that holds an arm to the bottom of the lock piston that moves with the key to push another lever to release the clamp on the post. It had fallen (or more likely was never installed because we cannot find it) off and that arm that links the 2 was laying in the bottom of the bag so while the key was working and turning it was not working. I would send this info to the fool I spoke to buttttt hopefully they are out buying expensive stuff that will fail very soon and they are left to deal with it with no help whatsoever Lol thank you guys for the info, maybe it'll save some poor soul
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Well in my uninformed state i guess company was an incorrect choice of wording. Maybe I've just been lucky. Things stray quickly in the aftermarket world in being copies or a copy of a copy. The bags I've gotten have been in the 125 ish range. Maybe for that money they're just ok enough that I'm not unhappy with them, lol.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 AM
KCW

I saw a HD going down the street last summer, his hard bag fell off the bike at speed.

Rider just kept going. A phone company truck stopped and picked it up, and tried to follow him, but lost him at a red light.

Kwrap happens. Breath in. Breath out. Never give anyone else control over your emotions. They will just wear you out.
Keith Post, Summer and Tom HB like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode