1300 tourer brake rotors what brand do yall recommend - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

1300 tourer brake rotors what brand do yall recommend

Ok yall has anyone replaced your rear rotor or fronts im looking to replace my rear rotor. But would like to get some info on what yall recommend. Brand or if i should just go with stock.

A little back story about 4 months ago i didnt know my rear pads where worn. Down to metal. It had no squealing wasnt grabbing hard nothing. So i replaced them as soon as my brother i ride with said bro your shit is sparking. I know i know i should check that stuff but whats done is done. So what yall think about brands. Iv got EBC pads should I go with EBC rotors

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

A little more its not all the way wore out but it is grooved pretty good. In july my wife and a group of our friends and i will be doing a 500 + mile trip. And i want to replace it before that trip

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM

Garage
I have never replaced the rotors on any of my bikes, but I have used EBC pads and never had any issues with wear life on them. They are a reputable brand so I would feel good purchasing and using them.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

My bike has just shy of 13,000 miles on it and i try my best to take care of it and all its needs

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:27 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

I think you will be fine with the aftermarket rotors. I have used EBC brake pads for years on different motorsports stuff and never had a problem. I have their pads on my bike now. IF you went metal to metal yes I would replace the rotor. To start with with the grooves and new pads the rear brake will be soft until it wears into the grooves. Second the brake pads will wear out faster. Of course there will be more brake noise, if that bothers you.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:32 PM
KCW

"My bike has just shy of 13,000 miles on it...."

if your rear pads wore down to the metal in only 13,000 miles, I think something is wrong with your rear brake, or you are riding with your toe on the pedal.

Possibly the caliper has been hanging up.

I still have the original front pads on my bike at 30,000 miles, and they are no where near needing replacement

the rear brakes should last 3 to 4 times longer than the front.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:35 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
"My bike has just shy of 13,000 miles on it...."

if your rear pads wore down to the metal in only 13,000 miles, I think something is wrong with your rear brake, or you are riding with your toe on the pedal.

Possibly the caliper has been hanging up.

I still have the original front pads on my bike at 30,000 miles, and they are no where near needing replacement

the rear brakes should last 3 to 4 times longer than the front.
I agree with that. I have 16k on mine now. I put new front pads on it, not because they were worn out but because they were noisy. Squealing brakes irritate the hell out of me. They were barely worn. I bought rear brake pads at the same time I just do not feel like putting them on since I do not need them.. lol. I am willing to bet either the caliper pins hung up or there is trash in the brake line.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:08 PM

Garage
hi there i just replaced my rear brakes i actually found a rotor through wal-mart.com i can't remember the company name i was just $49 that was about 600 miles ago with no trouble so far the pads i had ordered is another story they said they fit my 1300 tourer but turned out to be twice as thick as the ones i got from the dealer
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno161 View Post
hi there i just replaced my rear brakes i actually found a rotor through wal-mart.com i can't remember the company name i was just $49 that was about 600 miles ago with no trouble so far the pads i had ordered is another story they said they fit my 1300 tourer but turned out to be twice as thick as the ones i got from the dealer
I'll look into that rotor thank you

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 AM

Garage
what i did was go onto Wal-Mart.com and in the search i typed in Yamaha Vstar 1300 brakes good luck and enjoy the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode