Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

What did you do to your bike today?

600K views 6K replies 512 participants last post by  lesblank 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

I washed and polished her up.
Then took her on nice little 135 mile putt.
Now I'm gonna build a fire outside and sit
and drink some wine. See ya'll,
Ride safe!

See less See more
#2 ·
I washed and polished her up.
Then took her on nice little 135 mile putt.
Now I'm gonna build a fire outside and sit
and drink some wine. See ya'll,
Ride safe!
That sounds like the perfect day.

I did a few mods today, completed the helmet lock relocation to the sissy bar, added my new custom speedo face, washed and polished the bike and then took my son for a ride...another perfect day in Vstar world :)

#9 ·
Yeah, I hear it's kinda warm down your way, my folks live by McAllen and Mom likes to remind me of the weather :)mad::mad::mad::mad:), don't want to be washing the bike in that. You should be riding it, instead of sitting inside on the computer.;)

Got up to a toasty 54 today, and was a balmy 26 when I left for work this morning. So what did I do to the bike? Rode it.

You must be digging in the archives tonight, bevo. Thanks for keeping good threads alive.

#11 ·
I washed and waxed mine Sunday, but havn't had a chance to ride it since I did. It's been nothing but pouring rain every freakin" day 24/7.:(:mad::confused:

Reactions: matthewd92
#12 ·
I washed and waxed both bikes,went ride. Stopped by a buddies place had a refreshment and it started to rain. Just gotta love the great northwest.We don't sunburn,we rust lol.

#14 ·
I parked it today, it was below 40 when I left at oh dark 30 and decided it was a bit to chilly for the 40 or so miles into work. Had it out last night and it was COLD! We'll see how time goes later tonight, I have been meaning to get into a controlled lot and work on slow, controled turns. Taking it into work tomorrow for certain then Saturday we're going to an airshow... Man I hope the wife dosen't get too jealous...LOL

#15 ·
I parked it today, it was below 40 when I left at oh dark 30
It's funny how we acclimate to our location. This year I started riding when the morning temp was above 20 (on the rare occasions that we didn't have snow), but I've been in northern Wisconsin for 24 years now. I never would have even considered it when I lived in New Jersey where I grew up, that would have been waaayyyy to cold for me then.:eek:

#16 ·
Well like I posted elsewhere, I wiped her down and then rode into work this morning. Now I'm counting the clock for the next 35 minutes to pass so I can ride home. The clock sure slows down when your bike is parked outside at work.

#17 ·
Today as I waited for some one from Kansas to show up(sold a tractor on ebay) the mail man stop by with a goody box from ebay. Abox of bike parts for 75$ + mail I got some road pegs, a light cover, a drive shaft cover and some bag braces which I don't need so if you do let me know.

#23 ·
Hmmm. Poop deck Pappy and George Burns in drag. Yes, a wild time indeed.:eek:

#25 ·
I have it parked on a relative shady street right now wondering if when I get off of duty whether or not I will be missing parts on it.

#26 ·
That would suck bad.

#28 ·
Good news my bike is still intact. But the gas cap key cover was tampered with......Nice try but failed :)

#30 ·
bought this:

Daytona Helmets

they call it a novelty helmet, but advertise all over that it's DOT approved. made from lamb hide and "The Smallest D.O.T. Half Shell Helmet Ever Made!!" was concerned about it being a 'safe' enough helmet because it doesn't have as much protection as the half helmet i already have and they also call this one a novelty helmet, but i wanted something smaller and if they advertise that it is DOT and it has the DOT mark on it, then it has to be DOT. and anything DOT certified is good by me

#31 ·
We rode a hundred+ miles today. From North Myrtle Beach to Murrells Inlet, SC and back. There has to be 200k to 300k bikes in the area (if not more) for the Myrtle Beach Bike Week/Harley Davidson Cruising the Coast. What fun. Hundreds of vendors hawking their ware. I must have spend $150 on T-Shirts, a mesh jacket, ahem, vest extender, pins and what not. The weather was perfect in the low 70's with low humidity. The only downer was we passed a crash where it appears a cage moved over right and the rider took it off the road to avoid the cage.

We were a group of three that expanded at times to groups of 10 - 20. It's great seeing all the rides - especially at night when a lot of them are lit up. I love bike week.

:)

#35 ·
Today was bring your bike into work day 'LITERALY"

Weather station predicted t-storms for this afternoon,, eh, so what,
well just about two hours ago we had a brief tornado on the ground about 45 miles due west. Storms are heading East at a good clip. So, I brought it inside while I await my ride home.