Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Recommended Float height for 2003 V-Star 1100 Custom

14K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cheetat1 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So both of my cylinders are firing now, when I originally adjusted the Float heights I didn't have a measurement to go off of. My Clymers manual doesn't state what the float height should be set to. I saw a picture saying that it should be adjusted level with the body of the carb and I understand the angle you have to hold them to start your measurement but I'm not sure what the numbers are. I did a search on here and couldn't find a thread that explained it.

#2 ·
Also, I eyeballed the first measurement and must have gotten close because The bike ran down the road but would sputter u see heavy load for a sec so I though it needed adjustment. So, I tore the carbs back off and adjusted it and its back to cracking through the exhaust. Not a loud explosion like it was but cracking when I rev the throttle. Just wanted to know if someone has some numbers. I'm getting my brothers float height measurement tool tomorrow. Thanks for the help fellas

#4 ·
Thanks SickMick,

I saw it is recommended 12mm but the I saw measure with a 14mm gauge further down. I also saw the hose you blow through and adjust method. Just thought there would be an exact measurement. I'll try 12mm and go from there. For some reason I can't view all the message from my phone. It's arranged differently for mobile view.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.