Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

06 vstar 1100 carb flooding

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SamKitz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all and I hope someone can shed a little light on an issue I am having with one of my carbs on my 2006 vstar 1100 silverado.

I have checked out all the seals and they seem ok and have adjusted floats many times and still flooding.

I may have to just get the k&L kit and replace all the seals but just wanna see if anyone knows what is causing the flooding issue I am having before I just start tossing parts at it..

I am attaching a pic with the area circled in red where the fuel is coming from. It is the cable side carb (driver side). It is not the removable jet on the air intake side of the carb.
It is the small hole on the far right when looking at the air intake side of the carb.

See less See more
#2 ·
First, describe "flooding".....do you mean it's running rich....or that fuel is leaking out of the carb?

The floats on these Mikuni's are very sensitive. If you've bent them around much I'm betting that might possibly be your issue. Either that or the needle valve has a piece of dirt in it.

You can replace all the seals, but I doubt that will solve your problem. You probably need new floats and a needle valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.