Just Upgraded to a 1300 from a Honda 750 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Just Upgraded to a 1300 from a Honda 750

Hello,
Thought I would join this forum, I always have gotten great insight and help in the past in these type of forums.
Anyway...have a 04 Honda Shadow 750 and wanted bigger... I kicked around either getting a Honda VTX1300 or a Yamaha V Star 1300. After looking, testing and deciding for over a year I came across a 2008 V Star 1300 Tourer with 8000 miles...on good ole Craigs. Made and offer and pretty much stole this bike. It is in Mint condition other than needing new tires, but I am looking forward to being a member here to share and get info from all of you!
Thank you!
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:14 AM
KCW

very nice!

If you dont mind sharing, knowing how much bikes actually change hands for its good info for other looking to buy or sell.

Lots of prices on CL but its harder to find out what actual deals are being made.

I got my 2005 VS650 Custom from the original owner with 9000 miles on the odo for $3300 (4 years ago). I knew I was paying him well, he was in his 60's, had given up riding, the bike was stock and in excellent condition, and he was a nice guy so I did not mind paying him for taking such good care of 'my' new bike for me. I have since put 20k miles on the odo and got nothing into it but oil and filters and two new sets of tires.

I like surfing CL to see what prices people are asking, incase I ever have to replace my ride. A decent low mileage VS650 is still riding around $3k.
Keith Post likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Hi KCW,
The guy I bought it from lived about and hour away and I had been speaking with him for about a week or so about the bike.
He was the second owner and only had put 800 miles on it, he had 2 bikes and rode the other one mostly. He was getting married and was just selling both bikes.
First owner was an older guy in his 60's but suffered a heart attack and passed away. (Rip) His wife didn't know what to do with the bike so she just brought it back to the dealer.

I will post pictures of it once I can get it outside to get a good pic. (Snow) blah!
About a month ago I almost got a red stock 07 1300 for 3000 but the guy backed out after talking to a shop and finding out what it was really worth.
Kinda worked out better for me, I got the Tourer in the color I love(Silver) thats mint!
Anyway I got the bike for 3000, I made out!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:44 AM

Welcome Cajun from the snowy north country. Sounds like a helluva deal you got there.
Keith Post likes this.

2000 V Star 1100 Classic
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:57 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of East Tennessee there Cajun Injun! Can't wait to see some pics of your 1300. I ride it's little brother, the 950 tourer.
We're glad you joined us, and like many others, can't wait for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:41 PM

Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX
Keith Post likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:51 PM

Welcome Cajun, from southwestern PA. Look forward to seein pics of yer ride.
Keith Post likes this.

Sonysnek
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:39 PM

Welcome from Missouri, where right at this time on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, it's 84 degrees with blue skies!

A month ago I bought a brand new 1300T and I like it more each time I ride it. For the money, it's a very nice bike.

Enjoy!

Sam
Keith Post likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, now if would just get warm out so I could ride and post some pics! LOL
Keith Post and Elk like this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Elk

Welcome aboard. I did the same bike upgrade 3 years ago!
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode