New guy here - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

New guy here

I'm new to the forum, but not new to the bike. Had my 1300 tourer for 3 years now. Between it and the Jeep, I am always broke, but always smiling. I lowered the bike 2 1/4" added a fairing, Cobra slip on, and ordered new saddlebags last week. I leave in 2 weeks for Fredericksburg Tx to ride the twisted sisters again this year, so maintenance begins this weekend. I've read through some threads on here today, seems like a good group. Thought I'd pull up a chair and stay a while. Pic is from a couple of years ago, that's my buddy's HD Breakout next to me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	68122

Mark
Navasota, TX
Keith Post and YammyV like this.

My favorite things in life are my bike, my Jeep, my dogs and my whiskey. My usual status is "broke" because of my favorite things. I must have drain bamage....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM

Garage
Hey welcome to the forum. Whay kind of Jeep? I have a 2007 Wrangler and I love it. It is similar to my V Star 950 as it has not been modded out much...yet.

Glad you joined. Have a safe ride. Post often!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Keith Post likes this.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mines an 07 Wrangler too. It has been heavily modified though. HAHA 5.13 gears, 35's, bedlined, the whole nine yards. Bike is getting it's mods too, now that the Jeep is essentially done. The bike came along later, so it had to wait it's turn...
Keith Post likes this.

My favorite things in life are my bike, my Jeep, my dogs and my whiskey. My usual status is "broke" because of my favorite things. I must have drain bamage....

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Name:	10422077_10206113034005869_2983727384217595006_n.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	68130

Name:	10995837_10206113036365928_9056295180133639261_n.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	68138

These are older pics, will upload more after the saddlebag replacement, and a much needed bath.
Keith Post and YamaMassGirl like this.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM

Garage
What are you doing for saddlebags? (My 950 is that same red metallic). I eventually want a batwing and hard color matched bags.

Keith Post likes this.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of East Tennessee.
Very nice bike and intro! I ride the 950 tourer, the 1300s little brother. Love the red metallic on your ride. Glad you joined us and enjoy the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMassGirl View Post
What are you doing for saddlebags? (My 950 is that same red metallic). I eventually want a batwing and hard color matched bags.

I went with the Mutazu RS bags in burgundy. I know some have talked about quality, but since I have the factory mounts which give support from underneath, I think I'll be okay. I'm just hoping the color is close. They look almost identical to the factory bags, minus the leather covers that split and fade. I will let you know how they turn out. I went with the fairing from theusatrailerstore.com It's a decent fit, needs to be painted, but it comes gloss black, so it looks good until you get it done. For less than $250 shipped, I couldn't beat it. They have one for the 650 and the 1100 too, not sure about the 950, but one of the others may fit.
Keith Post and YamaMassGirl like this.

Last edited by mvnolantx; 03-21-2017 at 10:21 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 PM

Garage
Hello and welcome to our forum. Great ride you have. Sounds like you are already making strides in the mods....That is great you will be doing the 'twisties'. Hope you have some pics to show us when you return. For me it is always exciting to see places that I will never venture to see. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
Keith Post likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:14 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Welcome to the forum from N. Florida. Nice bike man!!!
Keith Post likes this.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:45 AM

Welcome to the forum from Maryland. Wish we had some of your warm weather up here
Keith Post likes this.

Serving Him by serving others
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode