Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Fng

722 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NGM 
#1 · (Edited)
About ready to pull the trigger on a 2009 Vstar 950. It's a smoking deal, so I figured I'd look around for common issues and fixes and mods. Haven't had a bike in 5 years or so, and looking forward to getting back in the wind.

#2 ·
The big issue for me before I bought was knowing they scrape floor board pretty easy.

It was an adjustment in my riding style, but I can hang with sport bikes in the mountains. I know there are some different fixes for getting more cornering clearance. But I've had my bike for a year now and don't feel I need to worry about it.

I bro my 950 across country last year, put 14,000 miles on it. I'm looking to replace my clutch spring because I'm having a slight slipping from 1st to 2nd. But otherwise no major issues.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, I ride an 09' 950 tourer and really enjoy it. I came from a 650 and the 950 does sit lower and the boards do scrape fairly easy. However the 950 runs much stronger in my opinion and it loves performance upgrades. Share some pics with us if you get it,and please ride safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
As an older female I enjoy adding accessories to my 950 tourer. Also looking forward to doing some performance upgrades and replacing stock seat. Great that it is easy to learn how-to on this model...Be sure to share what after market brands you choose and why. Research is always informative, necessary and helpful in making good choices for your ride. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

#5 ·
Welcome from N. Florida and another 950t owner. Mods are almost unlimited. I have a couple small mods on my bike that are actually for a truck but I adapted them.. LOL so mods are what your imagination can do. As far as the scraping floor boards, even a novice rider will scrape... That is my only "problem" with the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.