Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello Everyone

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  YamaMassGirl 
#1 ·
New to riding at the age of 53. I finally decided to do it. Got my permit 3 weeks ago and a used Honda Shadow 600 two weeks ago. I love riding, but the Honda just isn't big enough and certainly not when my wife would jump on the back. So I bought a new 2015 v star 1300 tourer last week, and I love it. I wanted to wait until after my safety course to upgrade, but the dealer was down to 5 out of the 10 they had in stock. They were priced at $7990, I didn't want to miss out on the deal. My only complaint of the bike is the seat, it keeps pushing me forward and too much pressure on lower back. My Shadow has a mustang seat and it is really comfortable. I did some research, and ended up buying an Ultimate Seats mid rider, backrest and passenger seat. They arrive tomorrow and I will update you all on the seat after a put a few miles on it.

#2 ·
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe. Post some pictures when you get a chance, we like pictures. Keep us informed on the ultimate seat.

Reactions: Keith Post
#3 ·
Welcome from the great melting north eh. you'll love the ultimate seat; I have the same set on my Strat. You should really post pics of your new ride before this one retired leo guy comes along and starts threatening you with all sort of stuff. Besides that, this is a great place to talk bike and share stories.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

#5 ·
Hi mfb, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Since you posted a pic, and I'm that leo guy my buddy Corsair referred to, I'll let you off this time with a warning, lol. This a great forum with even better members, and we enjoy having fun. Glad you joined us and your bike looks great. I ride it's little brother, the 950 tourer. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Welcome MFB, from another southwestern PA member. You joined a great forum. Lots of good people here all willing to share and help out when they can. Nice ride ya got yerself there. I ride the one in between; 1100 Classic. I'm right down the road from ya in Mt.Pleasant area. Nice to have someone from the same area on board. Maybe even see ya on the road some day. Hell, coulda even already passed ya on yer 600. Maybe get together for a ride some time. Enjoy the ride!

#10 ·
Mfb that sounds like a fine idea...that is your wife getting her mc license. That is great you are taking the MSF course. You will be surprised how much you will learn. I am planning to take another as a refresher. You never can learn too much! I just took a basic maintenance class in New Hampshire. It was interesting and I learned lots. I actually feel confident in changing the oil, filter, air filter, and also learned how to plug a tire in an emergency. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.