Risers or Touring Bars - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum > Motorcycle Models > Stratoliner & Roadliner

Old 03-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
Ski

Default Risers or Touring Bars

I was wondering what you all would recommend. I have a 2008 Stratoliner S, and need either risers or touring bars. I want to get whichever will have the most pull back. I've been looking at these http://refinedcycle.com/HR1-Riser-Ex...dliner-HR1.htm or the baron ones. Need to make my ride more comfortable. Worse case scenario, I'd have to trade bike off for a road star, or do they need riser or touring bars too? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
Krazykayak75

I had put the Baron pullback risers on mine and Loved them. In fact everyone one who had a strat that rode mine ended up getting a set.

Im only 5'5" A buddy is 5'0" and he put them on his. I really Like how they raised the bars up a bit as well. This is a Very simple Mod. They are a little pricey but I think worth all the pennies you pay for.

Give blood Play Hockey
Krazykayak75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Ski

Thanks, I really appreciate the information. When you installed the baron risers, any problems with the cables or wires being too tight. Do you think it would be necessary to get any extensions for the cables or wires?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Krazykayak75

I think If you look under my Name for threads I started I did a step by Step installation.
You do have to pull the lines very tight but I ran them all summer with no issues.

Give blood Play Hockey
Krazykayak75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Ski

Thanks, I ended up getting the HR risers. They weren't as expensive, and if they don't work, I'll add the touring bars, and get cable extensions. The are suppose to be 2inch pull back so hoping it helps. I was looking at your post, and it helps, but the brake cable guide, is that the silver guide underneath the handle bars. Did you just unhook it from there and let it hang? I appreciate the help, and can't wait to get the risers.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Strat One

I have been thinking of this myself the risers are high and the bars are to but what I'v read the bars are a lot more comfortable and for the same price. I have the Memphis shade fairing on my strat and to raise the bars would make it harder to reach the key so the bars would be the best for me. And keep the break and cluch lines in the same place.
Strat One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #7
Ski

If the HR1 risers don't work like I'm expected then, I'll go with the handle bars.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
t84a

Just a FYI, as far as I know, there are no line or cable extensions. If you need longer lines or cables, then you replace the entire line or cable.

2010 Raider
2008 FZ1
t84a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
Ski

t8, that's what I figured. I'm going to try the risers without new lines first, just rerouting the brake and clutch lines, hopefully that will give me enough slack. If not I'll have to purchase new lines.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
t84a

The hydraulic lines are easy to replace. The throttle cables are a bit more difficult and, at least on the Raider, required lifting the tank. With riser extensions, you should be good with the stock lines and cables.

2010 Raider
2008 FZ1
t84a is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum > Motorcycle Models > Stratoliner & Roadliner