Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2009 V-Star 650 Classic Passing Lamps

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mole2 
#1 ·
I bought the Yamaha passing lamp kit and mounting bar for my 2009 V-Star 650 Classic. I went to install them today and after removing the windshield, removing the headlamp, disconnecting the wires, removing the old mount, removing the turn signals, snaked all the wires and went to mount the turn signals on the new mounts and....the mounts are too big. There is no way to mount those turn signals on that size mount. Does anyone know if there are smaller mounts available. I wound up putting everything back so it was like a dry run. lol Help! :eek:

:)

#2 ·
Access a web based IPC (Illustrated Parts Catalog) and look for a part number. Several parts vendors provide them.

#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Well, it seems that what the problem was the instructions don't mention anything about removing the rubber shock mounts inside the turn signals. I removed them from each of the turn signals, opened the clamp up slightly with a screw driver and they slid on - hard - but they slid on. They should tell you that in the instructions. Got them all together today and all is well.

By the way, thank for your help Fulltilt. I tried those links and others and nowhere can I find the passing lamp parts listed but now it irrelevant.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.