Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Dyno Run!

10K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RoaliningScotsman 
#1 ·
Just got the roadliner on the dyno today with the new Hard Krome 3" bid Straights and PCV. Results were 98.6 HP and 138 Ft.Lbs. Torque!!

#11 ·
I had my '09 Roadliner with V&H pipe and Cobra FI2000 with stock settings. Bike made 91.98 hp and 125 foot pounds of torque. It was too lean on the bottom end and too rich on the top end. It also has a mph limiter set at 100 mph. HP drop off dramatically at 70 mph because it was way too rich. From 50-60 mph it was to lean. The stock settings on the FI2000 were 124. I reset them today by seat of the pants to 3 2 1 and it pulled a lot harder from 1500 rpm in 4th gear! The idle is much steadier now too, it was hunting before. I'm going back on the dyno to get it tuned right once I get the Patrick Racing air filters. Hope this helps someone.

#8 ·
Hey. Sounds great!!! Im picking up my Bigs 3's for My 2007 Stat S this weekend and have ordered the PCV. Should be here at weeks end. Would it be at all possible for you to download and transmit the map you are using for yours. Sounds like they have it dialed in well. That is the biggest worry I have is really getting it dialed in. Its a sizable expense after the Pipes, PCV, and eventually autotube. Within years end I will also have the patrick Racing BAK installed. Mabey sooner than that. Mark

#10 ·
Sorry for my skepticism about these dyno numbers your throwing out. Are we talking rear-wheel?

2006 Stratoliner S with Yamaha Speedstar exhaust and PCM. O2 sensor installed in exhaust but electrically disconnected. EXUP also disconnected.

I had this custom mapped for performance in Summer of 2009. Results were 86.9HP and 116lbs of torgue. For this performance my fuel economy is ~36 at interstate speeds and about 42 at normal highway speeds.

#12 ·
2 into 1 like V&H always makes more power than two straights. Not crazy about PCM from experience. You are down on power with your setup for sure. Not too far off of what I got but mine isn't even tuned yet. I have the FI2000 and V&H pipe. FI2000 is at factory settings. I made 91.98 hp and 125 foot pounds. Fine tunig the Cobra and and PR BAK should be good for 10 to 15 more HP.

#13 ·
I had a custom map for my 07 Liner and my HP was 90 and torque was 114. Mileage dropped from 38 to 34 in town and from 46-48 to 40 on the hiway. After I had mine dyno tuned the HP was 94.4 and torque went up to 119. Mileage is great at 40mpg in town and 48-50 crusing on the back roads. At 75-80 the mileage is 41-42. To me the custom map was a waste of money. It was worth every penny to get the bike dyno tuned. My set up in not as radical as all of yours. Have a D & D slip on with a K&N air filter and a PCIII. My torque peaked at 2900 RPM and held till around 3400 RPM. The HP peaked at 4500 RPM and held steady till 5200 RPM. The custom map was at 12:1 air to fuel, very rich. After the tune the the air to fuel is right at 13.5:1.

#15 ·
Interesting read, I have 2into1 v&h pipes, kn filter, top off air box using large washers to hold in place and have attached my dyno. Would appreciate the opinions of the forum but seems to have done a great Jon, the tester said this is rear wheel and crank could be as much 5 to 10% up. I also put in iridium ngk plugs, weren't too expensive over normals, was hoping for efficient burn....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.