Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Show off your Stratoliner or Roadliner here! Pics please

237K views 623 replies 202 participants last post by  Pancake81 
#1 ·
Show off your bike here! multiple pics are welcomed

#337 ·
My Latest Color

This is Cobalt Blue plastidip (~$30). It was too cold to stand outside and take a lot of pictures but I wanted to get it out in the sunlight to see the finished product. I painted it red plastidip last year and thought I would go for something different. Took me 30 minutes to peel the red off and about a day to repaint. The factory color is Sea Shell and was completely unharmed by the red when I pealed it off.

Attachments

#342 ·
Your bike looks great with them on it.

They look perfectly matched in the pictures, any problems that you can detect when looking at them in person?

I'm toying with the idea of getting them for my Strat. Of all the bags that I've looked at, including the "Deluxe", these look the best.

#343 ·
Thanks i like them alot... They sent me a used set of bags the first time. They claim they didn't. They had chips at the bottom of the bags on both sides. They did not smell like new paint either. You could see the paint missing on the mounting holes. Their customer service is brutal. When i got the bags in 2 weeks i was very worried. They say 6 to 8 weeks as they make them to order. i questioned that with a manager as well. He said they don't sell used bags or bags that have been sent back for warranty????. Well they were on a bike before mine. Thank gawd i dealt with a great company from Ontario Canada and he ordered another set and paid out of his pocket. he said he would deal with Corbin when he sent the bags back. Got the new bags then sent the chipped ones back to him. The new bags match perfect to the paint. Nothing wrong with them at all. I couldn't ask for a better bag.Their customer service really sucks. I am not sure how i feel about ever ordering from them again. The thing is the bags are great ;(. If something happened and i needed to get new ones. If i did i would go through the same business i just did. They were great. The company i used was A Vicious Cycle.. i am not sure what kind of fight i would have had if i had to deal with Corbin direct. i even showed them the mounting hardware wasn't even opened. I showed them the time stamp i got them and then a time stamp of when i opened them up and took the pics. They said it must have happened in the delivery. Trust me it didn't. Sorry about the big ramble about the bags. Just wanted to warn you the problems i had is all. The bags are great with all that said.

#346 ·
They really do look amazing, and are a perfect match for the bike. They are also by far the bags with the largest content volume, and still look no larger than anything else. Impressive!

The batwing you are using doesn't look like Corbin, however, even though it absolutely looks great too. What brand is it if I may ask?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Wim

#347 ·
It is from a Canadian company called Premeux. They are based in Quebec but they have a English speaking phone # and a English speaking Web page. I love this fairing. I like that it hides the speakers. They lower the prices in the winter. That's when i bought mine.

#348 ·
Thanks!

It really looks very nice, and the upward curve in the windscreen probably provides ample protection against buffeting winds too. I see it is also fitted to the front fork rather than to the handle bar, which is another nice detail.

I can't make out the risers you are using, though :).

Kind regards, Wim

#349 ·
I have tried 3 different windshields. The Freedom i have on the bike works the best.The curve in the windshield pushes the air 2 inches above the you.So if you buy a 9 inch which i have. It works like an 11 inch shield..Great company to deal with and what a great product. I have baron risers as well. I can still get the key in and out of my fairing :).. I bought my fairing without a radio and speakers. It comes ready. I just wanted to put a good quality system on my bike.

Bill

#350 ·
Thank you, Bill!

I made a note of it - I just took delivery of my 2006 XV1900 Midnight Star (as they call I there) with a bunch of Yamaha OEM trimmings, plus Baron risers and progressive fork springs, so I won't have any funds left for Corbin bags or a fairing soon, but for now the standard hard leather bags it came with and the wind screen will do until funds are replete again:).

Kind regards, Wim