Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

fairing and ignition key

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mdikesr 
#1 ·
Anybody have a hard time on a strat with a any fairing getting to the key? there is not much room for a big hand like mine.I want to put on 2" baron risers but Im afraid with the 1" lift to the bars I would not be able get to the ignition key at all! anyone do this?

I also want to know if anyone has put on a remote start with alarm. the spy 5000 or one like it seems to be the most popular and easy to install I think this will solve the big hand problem

Thanks

#2 ·
I have had a reckless motorcycles fairing on my strat for 3 yrs. now. I have 1inch risers with 1/2 inch pull back. I have to reach under the bars on either side to get to the key. A remote ignition setup would be sweet. But I have become used to the procedure I have to use. Far out ways going without fairing! Love it! But not the Reckless audio system. It sux and they offered no help with it. Kicked the can down the road and said call the audio mfg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.