Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Keyless ignition with alarm

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Ramster555 
#1 ·
Was wandering if anyone has used any of these devices on thier Yamaha, there are a few out there. I have 06 liner and it seems to me that a keyless remote with alarm is the the way to get around the ignition key problem after putting on handlebar risers with the faring. There is barely enough room to get to the ignition key without risers when you have a faring.

I asked a question about using risers and having a faring installed. I only got one answer so far but it seems as if it takes quite an artform and dexterity to go underneath the handlebar risers to get to ignition key.

I just ordered the Baron pullback risers they lift up 1 inch and pullback 2 inches.

Beret 5000 Is the keyless alarm with ignition starter that I ordered off eBay around $90 there's also the spy 5000 from what I hear it's all the same, same look, same two wireless devices, same set up, same price. I did some research seems to be plenty of videos out there showing you how to install. The alarm function alone is way cool it sends a signal to your remote device that also vibrates to let you know if someone is messing with your bike. Then you can start your bike at a distance they say the signal will go 1500 m. (i'll let you know)

I was wondering if anybody in this fourm has put one on there Yamaha cruiser. If so how did it work out for you and any and advice on the installation thanks for reading.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.