Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Help!! Putting OEM air box back on my Strat!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TheBrain 
#1 ·
I'm removing my Patrick racing high flow air kit from my 2007 Stratoliner midnight. I want to put the stock airbox back on, to which I will then modify for better flow. It's all part of the master plan! LOL
The problem is, the bike came with the air kit already installed and I have no instructions, nor can I find any online for the Patrick Racing kit.

The biggest problem I have is finding the hoses that used to connect to the OEM airbox. I think they've been modified to connect to each other, but that's just a guess.

Does anyone have a .pdf file or know of something online that I could use to perfectly put the stock airbox back on??

Thanks!

#3 ·
Maybe someone will help us both out then! ;)

#5 ·
Excellent! Thanks. :D

#7 ·
No, thank you though. I'm all good now...

Had the OEM box, just couldn't figure out the drain hoses (because I didn't know that they were only drain hoses! Lol)

I already have a K&N filter for the stock box, and I need to sell the high flow to help pay for the Ivan ECU reflash. ;)

#8 ·
(Did my own version of a "raise the lid" OEM box with the K&N filter set up.)

#9 ·
you did the perfect think

you did the right thing if you have the stock air box and raised lid on it. your bike will make more power with the lid on than off. this is fact. I have dyno sheets to prove it. do not believe anyone that tells you they can make more power with the lid off, even if it's Ivan. this is not true. I made 6-8 ft/lbs torque more with the lid (1500 - 2750 rpm) on and a BAM kit installed than with the lid off. and i made 2 - 3 hp/tq more gross power as well thru the entire RPM range. the lid off method sucks. if you don't buy a BAM from me (which you should), or make your own just like radarcontact did then you are losing out on cheap power. it's not rocket science its cutting some rubber spacers out until you get to 3/8" thick. raise the tank with some spacers and longer bolts and you are rocking and rolling. you will make more power thru the entire rpm range than any other method. this is also fact. most of the other BAK's will have a lost of power on the low end. this doesnt happen with the lid on and with the stock air box. in fact yamaha has this whole intake and exhaust system so well tuned it is VERY, VERY hard to beat. raise the lid and enjoy your efforts in real horsepower gains every where in the power range. and if you would rather just bolt in a kit that works really well you can get it here;

http://www.mcssl.com/store/3406840091624d56a0e1164dce5cee

or here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201181956292?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

for a Raider the website will work or here on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201181956419?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.