Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

first scheduled maintenance

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tigrzeye 
#1 ·
What all is done or checked besides oil change, on 1st scheduled maintenance on a new 2014 strat deluxe? What mileage should it be done at and finally ball park figure of cost.

#3 ·
When I got mine I was told to do the first service at about a thousand miles I think I ran over a little bit but it wasn't much. As I remember cost was somewhere in the 200 range and that was for the oil as well as parts such as oil filter and the like. I remember asking the service manager at MOM's, why it was so important to do and he told me that this first service was very important because they put a wrench on every nut bolt screw that's on the bike and retorque everything. so far the only problem that I've had is the sissy-bar loosening up. I brought it back they retorqued it and it's been fine ever since. Good luck with yours and have some good riding. I don't know where you're from but here in New England we don't have much time left to ride for this year!!

#7 ·
krb is correct you can download a copy of the owners manual at the Star er I mean the Yamaha web site :wink:

600 miles or 1 month is the first service with the oil, filter, and transfer case oil changed. A bunch of common checks done at the same
time. From there on every 4000 miles or every six months ongoing maintenance. Each of those 4K services are an oil and filter change with different services depending on overall mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.