Transporting Bike - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Transporting Bike

So this upcoming weekend Iím re-taking my motorcycle class since it has been 6 years since I took my MSF class. So taking it with my wife and 22 year old son. So I have found a 2003 VStar 1100 bike that I find appealing and at a good price - asking 3200 with 11k miles. Might see if he can drop it down to 2900 or 3k. But the question is - okay the bike is about 35 miles from where I live and it goes through the highway. I have no confidence to even try to go on a highway. So I was looking into a UHAUL motorcycle trailer where I can pull it with my truck. So what kind of straps would I need to get to hold the bike down for the trip to my house. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:54 PM
KCW

Garage
Ratcheting cargo straps from the towing/trailer section in Walmart are the normal way to go.

When I bought my first Vstar 650 I asked the previous owner what he thought would be the best way to get it to my house, 15 miles away. He still had plates and insurance on the bike, and he offered to ride it to my house with his plates, and I drove him back home in my car. Was a good chance to chat with him about the bike and other things.

My Royal Star I paid for the bike, got the paper work, registered and insured, and then drove it home from his house with my new plates on the bike.

The Uhaul motorcycle trailers work very well too.
JustKoch likes this.

Last edited by KCW; 03-04-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode