Hello from Victoria - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Hello from Victoria

Hey all,

My name is Lori and I am new to riding and loving it!! I am looking for a V Star 650 to purchase as my first bike. Can anyone give me an idea of prices for used bikes (Canadian) or is it a better idea to go new?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:00 PM

New bike

Lori,

I see you did not get a reply. I can't help on the price in Canada. But My opinion on new or used. There are a lot of low mileage bikes in good shape out here. If you plan to buy a bike to learn on then go on to a larger bike then I would go used. You would loose a bunch if you traded in a late model bike later.

650 V Star is a good bike and many are happy there. In that case you might look at new.

Dave
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Like Dave, don't know about Canada, butI see in the local paper tonight there is an 07 650 Silverado w/ext warranty, accs, and only 200 miles for $4995, so I thought that sounded pretty good. Something like that would be a thought. good luck to you, have fun

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:06 PM

Here are some listings from craigs list in VA, fairly broad range.

Mar 17 - yamaha vstar classic 650 - $2600 - (lewisburg wv)

Mar 8 - 2007 YAMAHA VSTAR 650 - $5000 - (BASSETT VA)

Mar 8 - Yamaha Vstar Classic - $2800 - (Lewisburg wv)

Feb 27 - Yamaha V-Star - $3800 - (Salem ) pic

- 2001 Yamaha Vstar classic - $3200 - (Christiansburg) pic
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:08 PM

PS--I bought my 2000 vstar 1100 with 5000 miles for $3900.00 last May, 2009
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 PM

Hey Lori,

Don't know if you picked up a ride yet.....On July 18/10 I picked up a 2008 V Star Silverado at S.G.Power in Victoria (on Hillside Ave) Loaded with $5000. in extra goodies, 6000km for $6995.oo It was a repo. Let me know if I can help you find a ride if you have'nt already. [email protected]

Cheers,
Linda
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM

Hi Lori, congrats on the new adventure! I just learned to ride in April, and bought a used '06 Vstar classic in May. I love it, it's a great bike, and I'm glad I bought used. I don't know how the market for bikes is in Canada, but the competition this spring was nuts. I had about 12 bikes sell out from under me - literally I would show up at the appointed time and someone else would be riding the bike off into the sunset. As a result I got a little trigger happy - I love my bike but if I had it to do over again I would have waited out the summer and hunted in fall/winter. Probably would have gotten a better bike for a better price (I paid US. $3000, shouldn't have paid more than 25 for the shape the bike's in). Take your time and buy a Clymer manual once you get your bike. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode