Some people... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Some people...

As the name implies, I ride into DC from Virginia daily and today was no exception. I work downtown and am lucky to be able to park at the Metro PD HQ where other bikes can be found as it warms up. Lately it's been just me, but today when I was heading out I found a brand new 2013 BMW R1200 parked right next to my 1999 R*, and when I mean right next to, it was inches despite there being room for a dozen or more bikes...

Anyway as I was gearing up the owner came out to do the same, I commented on his bike and he proceeded to brag on how great a ride he had... I excused myself to start my bike then walked away to take a call as she needs some time to warm up when it's this cold out.

He brags again how his bike requires no warm up then hopped on her and rode directly into a parked police car 10 feet in front of him. He and the bike both went over doing some damage to the bike, the car, and this idiots pride. I hung up to help lift the bike off his leg, then held her while he made all sorts of excuses for popping the clutch to try to peal out, then said he guessed he needed some time to warm up too.

All I could think about was his bike was perhaps a week old and already down and mine's 14 years old and never been down...

I can't say I felt too bad because he was a complete idiot, but I did hate to see the bike suffer, Oh and he left no note on the police car for the damage he did...

mk

“We already have enough youth, what we what we need is a fountain of smart.” 1999 Road Star Silverado & 2009 V-Star 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM

Garage
I guess he didn't drink from that fountain of yours

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 PM

Oh that poor poor bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 AM

I'm guessing that there were some cameras around to catch his face, plate, etc. And, sounds like he will probably be dumb enough to park there again. I know a lot of bikers like to park tight - I personally HATE when they do that - while they might have the skills to park that tight, I don't. And I don't want to be making a mistake when I pull my bike out and damage theirs.

Annie
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM

If you are going to do a hit and run, a police parking lot is as good of a place as any.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 PM

Another rookie experience !

Hey DC rider and Critter, I'm in Maryland and see some of the same things, my lady and I were out shopping for some new boots on Saturday near Westminster, for the last stop of the day, we had stopped at the Victory dealer on 140, As we are pulling in and shutting down, a rider with just street cloths on and a new helmet is sitting on a new Victory model, basic sport bike, no goodies, he was warming up I guess, anyway I noticed something after his first two attempts to take off, he was dropping the clutch and killing it, so after several restarts and him shifting back to neutral, I said you can start it with the clutch held in partner, I got a real confused look from the poor rookie. We had already secured our helmets in my trunk, and as we walked past this guy, he's finally moving, dragging both feet on the parking lot, almost fell over even with his feet already on the ground, my lady is an experienced backseater, she don't ride herself, she says this guy is going to get killed, so we both stopped by the door and watched him take off, he made it ! I didn't hear him shift either, just high rpm's, now this bike was a big VTwin job, I'm thinking 1200cc or maybe bigger, kind of like our Raiders. I can only hope this guy made it home ok and is attending some kind of class. I know it's not the dealers responsibility to insure the customers experience but it makes me wonder sometimes when people bite off way more than they can chew. We were in the shop for quite some time, and I never heard any siren's in the area, hmmm I guess he made it.
We ride with the Westminster Star chapter 463, if you interested in some rides get in touch.
As you probably know, we have several brands of bikes Including a new Victory machine in awesome Red, full dressed with everything but a microwave.
Enjoy !

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode