Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Just bought a 2007 V Star Classic with 4000 miles

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  JonMaz2112 
#1 ·
Hello! new user here, as the title says, I just bought my V Star and love it! Started riding enduro in the dark ages before motocross and have had several bikes throughout the years. Sold my last street bike when I got married 20+ years ago and recently got back on 2 wheels after becoming a heart transplant victim. 6 months after the transplant I had taken the MSF course and had my license, started riding a 2006 Rebel and decided I needed more displacement, so when I found this bike I jumped on it. After some minor troubleshooting (cleaned some badly fouled plugs) she's running like a champ. It's now coming up on a year since my surgery and I'm ready to get riding, and I live just north of Denver, so there are some GREAT places to ride to here! Of course here is the gratuitous pic of the bike as I bought it.

Hope I see y'all out there!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello great to have you on forum. Nice new to you ride. Thanks for showing a picture too! Glad you are back riding after heart transplant. It is so amazing today what medical field can do. I, recently had a pacemaker implant. Looking forward to some riding again myself but older so am considering trike conversion to be safer! Don't hesitate to join in on conversations, etc. Lots of knowledgeable people and everyone can learn from others' experience.

Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

#4 ·
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice looking ride! It's great that you're able to get back out riding after such major surgery. I also got back into riding after a 20 year hiatus on an 1100 and it was the perfect bike for my needs. Lots of power and still light enough to handle around town. One thing about them - do NOT give it any throttle when starting. I believe they corrected the starter clutch issue by 07 but it doesn't do anything to aid in starting and if it kicks back it could still put unnecessary stress on the starter. Mine always started after a couple of whirls of the starter without touching the throttle. Other than that, VStars are one of the most reliable bikes out there. You made a great choice!

#5 ·
a heart transplant victim ?!

that sounds like you woke up in Mexico in a hotel room bathtub full of ice, and someone had stolen your healthy heart and left you with an electric bicycle pump running on 2 D cell batteries :^O

Reactions: JonMaz2112
#7 ·
Reactions: Keith Post
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.