Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New to the page!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Keith Post 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the page and figured I would drop in and introduce myself. I've been riding motorcycles for about ten years now and I've owned quite a few bikes; from Yamaha's to Harley's and everything in between. I also am one of the lucky few that get to ride a bike and get paid from time to time. My current personal bike is a 2014 Yamaha Vstar 950. This a bit of a downsize from the last cruiser I owned, A Suzuki Boulevard 1500. However, I like it much better. The belt drive and responsiveness make it such a fun bike to ride. Didn't hurt that I picked it up with 0 miles off the dealer floor. It was a 5 year old new motorcycle that had never sold from 2014. Got a good deal. Anyway I look forward to talking with you guys about all the Star bikes-especially the 950s.

Rubber Side Down !

#2 ·
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. The 950 is a great bike and it sounds like you found a great deal. Lots of knowledgeable, helpful people on here and with your riding experience I'm sure you can offer some tips and advice (like how to get paid to ride - lol). Love to see a pic when you get a chance.

#7 ·
Reactions: Keith Post
#8 ·
Thanks everybody for the welcome wishes. Northern Rider mentioned how to get "paid to ride"... Im a police officer and assigned part time to our motorcycle unit. Its a good gig. Anybody have any recommendations on exhaust systems for the 950? I don't want anything obnoxious but I want it to have a good sound.

#10 ·
Michael,
Glad to have another LEO on board, I’m a 27yr veteran myself.
As far as exhaust suggestions on the 950, we put the cobra slip-on on my wife’s Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
base model, on my tourer model I went with true duals that I bought from a forum member. The cobra has a great throaty sound, mine are a good bit louder but they changed the look of the bike in my opinion. From my experience, the open air filter upgrade will be your most noticeable without killing your mpg’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.