Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Electrical problem

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Tattjohn 
#1 ·
Hi ...I am installing a boss mc420b system on an 03 v star 650...trying to put a 3prong rocker switch on and fuses keep blowing.
Can anyone layout for dummies the step by step?
Thanks
Brett

#2 ·
Wiring should be 12v positive (battery), negative, and output to accessory. One wire will go to a know 12 volt source (battery) , one to ground (negative battery post or bike frame, third to accessory. If blowing fuse possible have positive and negative backwards. Or accessory is pulling more amps than fuse or switch can support. Not sure exactly what info you are looking for. Hope that helps.

#4 ·
2 and 4 are not connected, it's looped over meaning not connected.

#6 ·
I was confused at first too

its an illuminated switch, it has an LED inside it that goes on when the switch is turned on, so it needs both a power and ground connection

on some illuminated switches the power "Pole" and "throw" contact terminals are in a separate row from the internal light power and ground terminals (because some can be used to switch 120VAC for example, and have an internal 12V LED for the light).

#7 ·
Wasn't trying to be confusing. Just wanted to illustrate the positive, negative and accessory poles on a 3 terminal 12 volt switch. But I do even confuse myself at times. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.