NETFLIX: The Motorbike Show - anyone watching it? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes
  • 8 Post By KCW
  • 4 Post By YamaMassGirl
  • 2 Post By NorthernRider
  • 4 Post By turnz
  • 2 Post By David Beth
  • 2 Post By YamaMassGirl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
KCW

Garage
NETFLIX: The Motorbike Show - anyone watching it?

Its a couple years old but I find it entertaining compared to most of the stuff on TV.

In the vernacular of the country, the host is a bit cheeky, but he gets his hands on a lot of interesting mostly British motorcycles, so he is tolerable.

They do a lot of old MC restoration projects.

If nothing else it makes me want to take my MC out for a few hours and ride, and have a cup of tea for some odd reason.

Last edited by KCW; 05-26-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Because I still cant type worth a damn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:20 PM

Garage
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I don't watch TV or cable, but I do watch Netflix and Hulu. I will have to check this out. - Did you see "Marley Africa Road Trip" when it was on Netflix? Apparently Ziggy Marley was inspired by Ewan and Charlie when they did their "Long Way Down" documentary. -- Ziggy is such a cool dude, IMO. :-)

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 05:50 AM

Garage
I watched this series too and while I'm not real big on British bikes, it was interesting to watch and I did learn a new appreciation for them. One show did a bit on X Trials which I'd never seen before and found that amazing to watch. And the tea, yeah... seems to be an ever present prop lol.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:15 PM

I thought "Ride with Reedus" was pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
KCW, KCW, NorthernRider and 1 others like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:05 AM

Garage
I've watched the series too. Overall it's enjoyable although I tend to zone out during the off-road and racing segments. I just don't think I have that "need for speed" and I've always focused on Jeep off-roading rather than two wheel or ATV types. I do really enjoy the restoration pieces though. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in motorcycles for sure. There's pieces of it for pretty much any type of rider.

Another really good series to watch, if you can find it, is the 2004 series Long Way Round and the follow up Long Way Down. It features Ewan Macgregor and his mate Charlie Boorman riding from London to New York, going East. The follow up is Scotland to South Africa. They use a pair of BMW motorcycles and it's very entertaining. I think you can watch both shows on Vimeo currently. Used to be on Netflix as well but they took both of them out of that rotation, unless you want to get the DVDs.
YamaMassGirl and YamaMassGirl like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Beth View Post
I've watched the series too. Overall it's enjoyable although I tend to zone out during the off-road and racing segments. I just don't think I have that "need for speed" and I've always focused on Jeep off-roading rather than two wheel or ATV types. I do really enjoy the restoration pieces though. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in motorcycles for sure. There's pieces of it for pretty much any type of rider.

Another really good series to watch, if you can find it, is the 2004 series Long Way Round and the follow up Long Way Down. It features Ewan Macgregor and his mate Charlie Boorman riding from London to New York, going East. The follow up is Scotland to South Africa. They use a pair of BMW motorcycles and it's very entertaining. I think you can watch both shows on Vimeo currently. Used to be on Netflix as well but they took both of them out of that rotation, unless you want to get the DVDs.
I think i fell in love with Ewan and Ziggy when I watched the two different series. (Well maybe I was already in love with the both of them before this,...but ya know.)

Want to research/watch the other series others are mentioning here...
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM

Garage
Totally agree! There has been a long-running rumor that MacGregor and Boorman are going to do another trip and call it Long Way Up. They'd go from the tip of south America up to somewhere in Alaska or Canada but it's been years now and no plans have been announced. I really hope they do it one day. I'd watch that in a heartbeat! Heck, if they manage to ride through Phoenix, i'd try to meet them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode