Don't Kick Cars - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Don't Kick Cars

If someone cuts you off just move on with your life, don't get in a fight with an automobile driver and be part of a pile up...

I feel terrible for the old guy in the While Escalade Truck

I hope they catch the motorcyclist and put him and the car driver into a cell together for a few nights.... morons.

Road Rage: Motorcyclist Kicks Sedan, Sparks Chain-Reaction Crash | NBC 7 San Diego
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Elk

Utterly insane... I saw this on facebook. half the people blaming the bike, half blaming the car.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 09:35 PM
KCW

Garage
If this was a stunt in a movie everyone would be yelling "Thats so fake, there is no way the MC could ride that out and keep going!"

I hope they never find the rider. Every MC rider wanna bee with a leather jacket for the next ten years will be tying to pick up babes in clubs "you see that MC video, where I kicked that car into the SUV?"

yeah... that was me!

Last edited by KCW; 06-22-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 06:08 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

That was nuts... Holy crap. Yes they were both in the wrong, BUT the car being a car should not have swung at the rider like that. If he had killed the rider and not hurt anyone else he would still go to jail for vehicular manslaughter. It is not worth it.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 08:06 AM
KCW

Garage
One thing I have learned in life: its not the first mistake that gets you killed, its the second.

For the motorcyclist, his first mistake was not being alert to the car coming into his lane.
His second was kicking the door in.

For the driver his 1st was crossing the lanes and cutting off the MC...

and even for the guy that started recording on his cell phone, and the guy in the white SUV that got hit - as soon as you see crap going down, get on the brakes. People tend to drive with a two second window of response time at highway speeds. Weird sht happening may be your two second warning.

A ten second slow down is a freebee compared to rolling your vehicle.

Verifies what they tell you in MSF course: it nearly always takes more than one "thing" for a serious accident to happen. Take away any of those things, and no accident.
Elk and Elk like this.

Last edited by KCW; 06-23-2017 at 08:09 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 09:03 AM

I ride a motorcycle and I drive cars I can understand the frustration from both angles. That being said mistakes are made and stuff happens. No matter who was initially in the wrong, the biker is always out gunned. No matter how big and bad you think you and your bike are, any little ole lady in 1990 Buick Regal can take you out of this world. I think about how I would react if I'm driving my "cage" and some "biker" decides to roll up along side and kick my door for slights real or imagined. My gut instinct would be to meet force with force. Id like to think I'd have the sense to exercise restraint, being on the bike or in my 5000 lb weapon of doom.

My guess is 90% of the folks that claim to be door kickers are mostly talk. This biker even if wronged is a first rate scum bag, because he did something that could have cost an innocent person their life and like a coward he ran. It's not the kicking of the door in the heat of anger, it running knowing someone may be hurt because of an action you just took.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 09:25 AM

I will admit to kicking many car doors, but never like he did. In my cases it has always been when someone moves into my lane and I have no where to go on the highway. I WISH we had 2 second window around here, I normally only ever see half to 1 second gaps. I do also know that kicking a car will normally increase the chances of an accident, cause the driver WILL panic, he has no idea what just happened, and what made the unexpected noise. I would gladly speed up. Hitting the breaks is fine also, but I always have someone tailing behind me, so that isn't a good option most of the time.

In this case, I would have just stomped the breaks, there no many options he had in this video point of view atleast.

That road is horrible though, for cars crossing the double lines and crashing into motorcyclists.

Last edited by patrickdk; 06-23-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Added double lines
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 09:41 AM
KCW

Garage
One of the reasons why people do not stop after an accident is because they have no license, registration, insurance, or they have a warrant, a gun, drugs, are DWI, or they have their dead wife in the trunk... and know they will be in trouble if they stop.

Even if they are not at fault for what just happened, they dont want to hang around till the cops show up.

You never know who you will run into out there!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Last edited by bevo1981; 06-23-2017 at 09:30 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
Im not even going to lie i laughed when i saw this. Dumb ass haha

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode