Suggestions for riding jeans? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Suggestions for riding jeans?

I'm looking for recommendations and suggestions for riding jeans. In the spirit of ATGATT, I figure I should be looking for something with more protection than I get from the usual just casual regular jeans I wear. I'm looking for something comfortable, doesn't scream "motorcycle", and has Kevlar where it's needed.

I'm open to purchasing either online or locally. When looking at online vendors, I see prices anywhere from $70 to $500 - and I don't really know the difference. I do have a Cycle Gear that is only about 15 miles away, but it's not a large shop and I'm not sure they even keep jeans in stock.

I'd like to stay around $100, can stretch that out to $150 or so if necessary. Price is definitely a factor especially since if I do end up finding that I wear them, I'll likely end up with a few pair.

So does anyone have suggestions for what I should look for in jeans? Either features I should look for, or recommendation of a specific product are very welcome. Are any online vendors better than others when it comes to clothing?

For those that do wear protective jeans, I have another question that I feel kind of dumb asking, but here it goes. Are they comfortable enough to wear all day, every day, or should I expect to need to change my pants when I ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:03 AM
KCW

Garage
Ive gotten some great gear (including an HJC carbon fiber helmet for $120) from this place: MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More!

I always wear Wrangler or Lee regular jeans when riding. When its cold I have a few pairs that are 2" larger waist size and I put on two pairs of pants.

I have been thinking of getting a pair of Tourmaster pants to go with my 3 season tourmaster jacket.

Last edited by KCW; 08-28-2017 at 08:16 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:10 AM

How do you like the tourmaster?

I was looking at a lot of jackets this weekend at the bike shops, and noticed the sewing quality of the tourmaster was just all over the place, couldn't hold a line at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:19 AM
KCW

Garage
I have the three layer textile jacket, this is my 5th year riding with it about 100 days a year

I have two pairs of their gloves, and Im on my second pair of their boots (only because I wore a hole in the bottom of my left foot on the first pair).

No issues at all.

If it get their pants they zip into the back of the jacket.

Last edited by KCW; 08-28-2017 at 03:10 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 02:26 PM

Garage
I've got a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TC...ans&th=1&psc=1

They are comfortable enough to wear all day. I have worn them enough to wash at least 20 times and are holding up well. They fit a little low on the waist but no big deal to me.
MattF and MattF like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
I've got a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TC...ans&th=1&psc=1

They are comfortable enough to wear all day. I have worn them enough to wash at least 20 times and are holding up well. They fit a little low on the waist but no big deal to me.
Thanks --- good price on them. I ordered a pair -
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 03:57 PM

Garage
Matt, post back after you get them and give your opinion. Maybe others have had the same question about riding jeans but never asked.
eruby and eruby like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 01:45 PM

Garage
I have heard really good things about Cycle Gear down in San Diego. Full refund on returns at anytime, no questions asked.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 02:08 PM

Cyclegear in PA was great for me, totally outfitted my daughter there.
Haven't made it to the maryland one yet, it's in the middle of traffic hell.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
I have heard really good things about Cycle Gear down in San Diego. Full refund on returns at anytime, no questions asked.
Do you know if the one in San Diego is any larger than the one in San Marcos? San Marcos is such a small store, only a limited selection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode