'cop' vs. bikers - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Klurejr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

'cop' vs. bikers

would love to have our LEO member(s) weigh in on this one. there is speculation whether or not this guy is an off-duty cop, what was justified or not, and what the bikers did wrong.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 08:04 AM

This is the kind of stuff that makes bikers want to run, besides not having their license and paperwork.

Around here, drawing his gun is not permitted. There was no gun drawn, and no threat of injury to his person (this is always debatable though).

I have been pulled over on the bike 5 times. One time by a cop that was like that, but he didn't pull his gun. I think he just had a hard day and needed someone to yell at.
All 5 times I was pulled over where for me doing something wrong though. Only that was time was the cop not nice, most of the time they just wanted to do the normal, ask if I knew what I did wrong, why I did it, and then check out the bike. Never got tickets for any stop. These where back when I first started riding, and so many more bikes on the roads these days I think they are generally more annoyed.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 09:43 PM

Garage
Crazy footage. Doesn't look like they were riding crazy, but who knows what the exact situation was in person. How long were they in the vicinity of that truck? What kind of riding were they doing before the video started? - The lead rider smacked the truck's side view mirror. In my opinion, if you do something like that, it is wrong. You need to avoid anyone who is unsafe on the road, even if they are in the wrong.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:49 AM
KCW

Garage
Some people are out there just looking for a confrontation and not thinking it all the way through to the bitter end.

I have the perception that people that have cameras on all the time, in the back of their mind, are hoping to catch someone, and then get the most out of it they can. Kinda like people with a pistol carry permit, lets just say some of them develop an attitude.

Im just the opposite. When I see anyone doing anything the least bit questionable, I get away and stay as far away from them as I can.

A few years back I overhead a lady at work saying she was stuck behind "some idiot on the highway in the passing lane, going 55mph when the limit is 65... so she got right on his bumper...."

I was tempted to tell her "oh yeah... the cops stopped that guy, he had his wife in the trunk, cut up in little pieces..." that wasnt true (as far as I know) but people dont seem to understand:

When someone is driving crazy they have more issues going on than just their driving. There are 7 billion people on earth to interact with, and we only get about 75 years. Im not wasting any of my time on the bottom dwellers.

Last edited by KCW; 09-03-2017 at 04:32 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 12:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMassGirl View Post
Crazy footage. Doesn't look like they were riding crazy, but who knows what the exact situation was in person. How long were they in the vicinity of that truck? What kind of riding were they doing before the video started? - The lead rider smacked the truck's side view mirror. In my opinion, if you do something like that, it is wrong. You need to avoid anyone who is unsafe on the road, even if they are in the wrong.
yeah, was there footage we did not see leading up to the crazy driving by the guy in that truck. That truck came in so hot on that on/off ramp I thought he took out a biker....

I understand the bikers anger, but attacking his mirror was probably not the best thing to do. I never interact with cars like that just in case the driver is some nut bag with a gun... in this case he was.....
YamaMassGirl and YamaMassGirl like this.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 08:32 PM

These never end well for any body. Leave the crazies alone whether you're on a bike or in a cage. If you have video of bad driving, give the police a copy and let them do their job. Splitting lanes is not legal here, I'd do it if necessary to get away. Stay away and stay save.

Last edited by GT1300; 09-08-2017 at 07:54 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

surprised Keith hasn't commented on this yet

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode