Camera system for the bike - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Camera system for the bike

I'm looking at a front/rear permanent mounted camera system and DVR for the V Star. I've been researching wht's out there and am considering the INNOV K1 system. It looks to be pretty solid.
What I want is a front and rear mounted system that powers up with the key and continuously records.

Anyone out there with one of these or another that can provide input? No helmet or off the bike systems like a Go Pro.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all can provide.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 06:40 PM

I've been thinking about the K1 myself, but I can't seem to find any reviews, except from the company itself, so I am not sure how much I trust it.
My real issue with it though, is the large display screen that isn't waterproof I have to place somewhere. The C5 is looking very attractive to me, except it doesn't do a rear camera, if it did, I would just get it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I'll put the CPU/Display in one of my saddlebags, so that won't be an issue. I live in San Antonio so even if I left it out it wouldn't be much of an issue.

If I hear no feedback in the next couple of days, I'll buy and post it here. It's under $300, so small price to pay. I just don't want to have a GoPro or other hanging off my helmet. I like the Dash Cam concept.

Last edited by SARR; 09-02-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Hooked On Phonics? Not so much the first draft. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

their site kinda glosses over practical mounting solutions. the youtube vid they embedded shows you screwing the cameras into any available plastic parts of your bike. i can't find any mount options on the site. that's kind of a big deal with putting cameras on bikes.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

I have fabrication capability, (Press brake, welders and the like, so that won't be an issue. I'll see where it goes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 04:52 PM

On mine I would bolt it to the brake line bracket under the steering fork, and on the license plate light mount.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:12 PM
KCW

Garage
cant you just put your cell phone on a handlebar holder, and use the video recorder/camera when you feel inclined?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
cant you just put your cell phone on a handlebar holder, and use the video recorder/camera when you feel inclined?

I'm looking for a front and rear permanent set it and forget it system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode