Into storage they go! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Into storage they go!

Well, sadly, it was finally that time... time to put our bikes to sleep for the winter. I was holding out to get just one more short ride in this month, but we woke up this morning to our first dusting of snow, so I reluctantly decided it was time for them to go into hibernation. (sob sob!) As some of you may recall, we were supposed to have had our brand-spanking-new 20x30 storage shed built by this fall, but we were not successful in finding someone to help us... so the two bikes have been shoe-horned into our back porch for the winter. (had to remove the highway bars from the V-Star, as the bike was two inches wider than our door opening, but no biggie) Well, as this is the Missus' home office... well, OK it's her laundry room... she was not overly thrilled with the new arrangements, but what can you do... certainly couldn't leave our babies sitting out in the cold all winter. So we squeezed them into the tiniest amount of space possible, and managed to park both of them into an area of just 8'x5', in our 8'x16' porch. But for the love of God... surely by next spring we will have found someone who wants to earn a few dollars to help us build a fricken shed! Sheesh! You'd think on this island of some 2,500 people, that someone would want to take our money!!

Anyway, as soon as we stashed both of our rides into their new winter digs, our little Chrissy decided that she wanted her picture taken, as her new sister Sheba has been such a camera hog of late, that poor Chrissy has felt left out! I just happened to be walking past with camera in hand, and Chrissy immediately hops up onto the seat and gives one bark... which in Shihtzu-speak means "take my picture now!"

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

Elk and Elk like this.

2014 YAMAHA V-STAR CUSTOM
MC Enterprises engine guard
Big Bike Parts chrome solo rack
"Clevver" clutch lever
clutch adjustment kit
SupaBrake III brake light modulator
Cortech Super 2.0 (24 litre) tail bag
clock/thermometer set
QDC harness/USB phone charger
Furygan leather gloves
Xelement leather jacket
NexGen riding boots
HJC CL-17 Redline helmet/Pinlock insert
Oxford paddock stands
Nelson-Rigg deluxe cover
Battery Tender Junior
cable lock
Helmet Hooker

2014 HONDA CB500FA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 PM

Just put mine away the other day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-30 00.10.51.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	76410   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-11-30 00.10.23.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	76418  

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 07:20 AM

Garage
Mine stay plugged in and ready to roll all winter.
KCW, KCW, Red Whine and 1 others like this.

2017 HD Ultra Limited
2001 V Star 1100 Classic
Mustang seat w/backrest and hard saddlebags
Trucklite LED headlight and passing lamps
Bub's Big Willy pipes Pods intake
Passenger mini floorboards
Stealth Fairing - JVC receiver with Sirius Tuner, 4 x Polk Audio 5.25" speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 08:42 AM

Garage
Well you're all welcome to come on down to Phoenix where we are still riding every day!
Elk and Elk like this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 08:59 AM
KCW

Garage
the long range forecast for upstate NY this winter says the jet stream may stay low, bring warmer than normal conditions, but possibly more precipitation.

I started putting seafoam in my gas tank last week, but Im keeping the battery in the bike (will charge it every few weeks) and Im keeping the bike by the garage door.

I have yet to ride at least once in every month of the year.... 2018 is looking promising.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 08:59 PM

We are going to get to 43 Saturday. With the sun out, it helps stay a bit warmer but going to add the stabil, go for a short ride and put it away unless the weather stays somewhat mild.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:14 PM

Garage
I changed up my winterizing practices this year. My two main bikes normally go into storage at my workshop about 30 miles away (my other bikes live there all the time).

But this year those two are staying at home. If the chance presents itself, they're 30 feet away, not 30 miles away.

Downside? No room to park my car in garage if it's gonna snow. Between the bikes, Mrs. J's car, and Mrs. J's jun... I mean "boxes of stuff we may need some day (but haven't even opened in 15 years)"... it's full up.

Easy enough to 'redo' my winterizing if need be: top up the tank, add relevant amount of sta-bil, turn off petcock and run dry, plug in to tender.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 11:00 AM

Garage
man, motorcycles look so good inside homes. I wish I could park mine in the living room.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 12:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
man, motorcycles look so good inside homes. I wish I could park mine in the living room.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Elk

Put mine int the back of the garage and moved the snow blower to the front. Pretty sad, but we maybe in no snow country in a couple years!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode