what's with brands... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

what's with brands...

...discontinuing great products?? this is more of a rant.
but i'm tired of seeing brands discontinue great products to make room for others just for the sake of change. i'm just going to assume that all the newer stuff is inferior for the sake of argument. just for me, personally, my jacket and gloves from River Road, Roland Sands, and Power Trip have all been discontinued since i've purchased them. they're all less than 10 years old. i don't need a new jacket, but we recently had a rat problem in our garage that chewed through my summer gloves and a pair of my winter gloves and the manufacturers don't sell them anymore. i don't want to guess on something new. i found what i like, it works, and i just want that! why do things have to change? why can't everything just stay the way it is forever?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 10:30 AM

I hear ya. Some brands roll out new stuff all the time. I run into it with my workboots. I replace them every 2 years or so and all i want is the same thing. My riding gloves needed replaced this year, they're probably 3-4 years old. Couldn't find them anywhere and couldn't even find similar that looked like they'd hold up. Bought a few different pairs and still don't have a comfortable replacement. May it seems to happen more with quality products because you have them for a good while before needing to buy new.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 10:41 AM
KCW

Garage
20 years ago I went to a Rockport outlet mall store to get a pair of shoes. With the 2nd pair half price sale I got a pair of Rockport XCS boots too, more or less hiking boots, yard work, car repairs, snow weather....

After 20 years they wore out! They had stopped making them, could not find the 'same' pair anywhere. On line they still make a boot called XCS, did not look the same, but I gave them the benefit of their previous quality and $100 later through amazon... they are great, love them, very light, warm, excellent grip.

Quote:
why do things have to change
change is the one constant in the universe. The only things that do not change are stone dead at a temperature of absolute zero. Living things change and grow, divide, reproduce, and die. If they were not constantly changing they would be dead.

Some things get better, some things get worse, but in the long run if you dont accept this basic fact of our existence it will only bring you unhappiness.

When Henry Ford designed the model T (about his 15th car design) he thought it was the perfect car, and there was no reason for Ford to ever build anything else. Seriously, read the history of Ford, he was enraged when his son started working on the design of the model A.

Be careful what you wish for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 04:52 PM

Garage
if a product is new and improved does that mean the original was old and crappy

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 08:42 PM

unless it's the New CocaCola
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 03:55 PM

Oh, I thought this was going to be a discussion about branding as an alternative new fad to tattooing. Nevermind.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 04:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
i don't want to guess on something new. i found what i like, it works, and i just want that! why do things have to change? why can't everything just stay the way it is forever?
Do you ever yell at kids to "get off my lawn" from your rocking chair on the porch?

lol.

That is one grumpy old man rant right there.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode