Star touring - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Star touring

Has anyone heard of the Star touring MC? Iím pretty sure they are all over the U.S. I was thinking about joining a chapter. They are supposedly real family oriented etc..

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

STAR Touring |

if this is what you're referring to, pretty sure it's not an MC. they call themselves a "riding organization."

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
STAR Touring |

if this is what you're referring to, pretty sure it's not an MC. they call themselves a "riding organization."
Yes that is what I am referring to. Sorry, it is a riding club or organization.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 06:42 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittct View Post
Yes that is what I am referring to. Sorry, it is a riding club or organization.
Another family friendly Riding Club is SCRC AKA Southern Cruisers Riding Club. My wife and I are both members. It is a no dues membership. The club charity is St. Jude's Childrens Hospital. We as a club have raised over 3 million dollars. The last National Rally was in Tennessee and they did a ride of 200 bikes over to St. Jude to tour the hospital. The most touching thing you will ever see IMO. Clicky Here is our chapter's first officer's post on it with a video. Looking at the pictures on the Star Touring website, the are set up as a Motorcycle Club, not a Riding club. They have 3 and 4 piece back patches. That is too close to 1% clubs for me. SCRC does not allow 3 piece patches because we are a Riding Club. It, of course, is your choice. I hope you enjoy any group you join.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai

Last edited by NGM; 01-22-2018 at 02:28 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 02:18 PM

LOL, you don't want to mess with those clubs, an organization is where you want to be... do you wanna be organized or resort to clubs?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Looking at the pictures on the Star Touring website, the are set up as a Motorcycle Club, not a Riding club. They have 3 and 4 piece back patches. That is too close to 1% clubs for me.
i don't know how they're organized, but their gallery does not suggest they are an MC at all. i browsed through their member and chapter photos and most of them aren't even wearing a vest, even in the group chapter photos. that tends to be frowned upon in an MC as opposed to a casual riding group/organization. and there are some members wearing their vest with shorts. a HUGE no-no in MC's. and the few shots i found of the back of the vest looks like it's just 1 big patch with their location included at the bottom. MC's generally employ a 3 piece patch on the back with top and bottom rockers and that does not appear to be the case here. i don't believe actual MC's would confuse this group with being one.

on a steel horse I ride

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 03:52 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
i don't know how they're organized, but their gallery does not suggest they are an MC at all. i browsed through their member and chapter photos and most of them aren't even wearing a vest, even in the group chapter photos. that tends to be frowned upon in an MC as opposed to a casual riding group/organization. and there are some members wearing their vest with shorts. a HUGE no-no in MC's. and the few shots i found of the back of the vest looks like it's just 1 big patch with their location included at the bottom. MC's generally employ a 3 piece patch on the back with top and bottom rockers and that does not appear to be the case here. i don't believe actual MC's would confuse this group with being one.
You are 100% correct, but the vests they do wear have the 3 piece patches on the back that from a distance look like MC instead of RC patches and can cause issues. That is why our club does not allow their patches to have top and bottom rockers. It is for the safety of the members. That way there is no issue with any MC. My wife and I were coming back from a ride. I did not have my vest on but she did. A 1% MC (not going to put their name out) had 3 members that passed us. One of them actually slowed down to look at the back of her vest. As he passed us he pointed out his patches. Then rode off. I am not sure what he meant by it, we decided they were not going the way we were and we turned off at the next intersection. Also they charge dues.. I am not going to pay to ride with people. I can do that for free. LOL I am not say any MC is bad. I also do not want to disrespect a single one of them.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
but the vests they do wear have the 3 piece patches on the back that from a distance look like MC instead of RC patches and can cause issues.
go to their chapter images gallery and look at the very bottom photo. zoom in the photo if you need. that back patch is 1 piece of material. a 3 piece patch is 3 very distinct and separate pieces that includes a large top rocker for the club's name, a middle patch of their logo, and a large bottom rocker of the location/territory. i don't know the circumstance of your event with an MC, where you were, what each was doing, what your patch looks like, etc., but if you had been wearing an actual 3 piece patch that wasn't sanctioned and you were in their territory, i'm guessing things could have gone differently. MC's spend enough time around groups and clubs to know what is and isn't allowed and who wears what and know the difference between MC patches and riding group patches.

i'm in a biker organization against child abuse and our patch is sanctioned by the prevailing MC in this state, as you can guess who that is from the Waco shootout in 2015. that means even with our 1 piece patch we have to have 'permission' from them to wear it, but it's more like their blessing. but there are some MC's in some states who still won't allow us to wear our cuts there. so even if you're 'allowed' to wear something somewhere, there are always going to be some that don't like anyone else wearing anything at all on their back.

on a steel horse I ride

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 06:24 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
go to their chapter images gallery and look at the very bottom photo. zoom in the photo if you need. that back patch is 1 piece of material. a 3 piece patch is 3 very distinct and separate pieces that includes a large top rocker for the club's name, a middle patch of their logo, and a large bottom rocker of the location/territory. i don't know the circumstance of your event with an MC, where you were, what each was doing, what your patch looks like, etc., but if you had been wearing an actual 3 piece patch that wasn't sanctioned and you were in their territory, i'm guessing things could have gone differently. MC's spend enough time around groups and clubs to know what is and isn't allowed and who wears what and know the difference between MC patches and riding group patches.

i'm in a biker organization against child abuse and our patch is sanctioned by the prevailing MC in this state, as you can guess who that is from the Waco shootout in 2015. that means even with our 1 piece patch we have to have 'permission' from them to wear it, but it's more like their blessing. but there are some MC's in some states who still won't allow us to wear our cuts there. so even if you're 'allowed' to wear something somewhere, there are always going to be some that don't like anyone else wearing anything at all on their back.
Same thing about our club back patch. As far as their back patch that several members were wearing it had a big star in the middle the top rocker says Star and the bottom says Touring and Riding. I have met people from Star Touring and they were awesome. I did not look at their patches at the time or ask about the club. I was on my FJR and Goldwing. Reading the site it says they will take all bikes. :-)

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 06:56 PM

You really have to be careful about your colors. The *NIX developers in my posse won't tolerate anything from the poseur .NET or IBM Mainframe developers (let alone hipster Android devs) that look anything like a challenge or dis lest some serious code monkey ninja 'shirt' goes down!! Be careful of how you display your pocket protectors!

Last edited by Diogenes415; 01-22-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode