name one thing some drivers do that annoys you most - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
name one thing some drivers do that annoys you most

i hate drivers that keep their wheels moving on cross streets when waiting for traffic to clear, when i see it i usually brake and start looking for an escape route but if i'm to close for that i'll go wide open to get past as quick as possible.

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 05:49 PM

Hahaha, which one of many should I choose, pauli466? How about the motorists who are staring straight at me (I swear we're making eye contact and I'm able to think "don't you dare pull out you mother*******) yet they still pull out into traffic causing me to get on the brakes pretty hard.
Elk, Elk, lesblank and 3 others like this.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 06:17 PM

Garage
Drivers often cut in front of me pretty close on the interstate trying to squeeze between me and the car that is in front of me. Pisses me off, so I just gear down and speed past them

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 06:48 PM

Looking the other way while pulling out and not coming to a complete stop. Flip em off then slap their mirror!
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 07:40 PM

Garage
Good topic. I sit in a lot of stop and go traffic. I hate it when the car behind is too close. I mean like a foot away. I've stopped before and asked the driver to back off. Sometimes it works and sometimes no. I'm afraid I'll be run over one day.
Scrumdown and Scrumdown like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:22 PM
KCW

Garage
I usually don't get annoyed or pissed off. Breath in, breath out. Ohmmmmmm..... O_o

the one thing that does worry me though is when someone is following too close on a single lane road. MSF teaches don't speed up, don't try to race them, don't slam on the brakes, just pull over to the side as soon as you can and let them pass.

BTW creeping cars at stop signs... I discovered with a rented F150 pickup a few weeks ago that some vehicles shut their engine OFF everytime you come to a full stop, even if you are stopping for 1 second at a stop sign, engine goes off.

I did not like that, and I quickly found myself slowing down short at red lights and stop signs, and keeping the F150 rolling just enough ... so... the .... energy ....efficient ...engine [OFF] Dam it! It did it again!

so yeah, that is a thing now. I'm sure there is a driver preference setting somewhere 6 levels deep in a menu to turn that off, but I was not about to fuss with it on a rented truck.
lesblank and lesblank like this.

Last edited by KCW; 02-28-2018 at 08:24 PM.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes415 View Post
How about the motorists who are staring straight at me (I swear we're making eye contact and I'm able to think "don't you dare pull out you mother*******)
didn't you just 'like' a post about specifically not trying to look into other drivers' eyes?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
I usually don't get annoyed or pissed off. Breath in, breath out. Ohmmmmmm..... O_o

the one thing that does worry me though is when someone is following too close on a single lane road. MSF teaches don't speed up, don't try to race them, don't slam on the brakes, just pull over to the side as soon as you can and let them pass.

BTW creeping cars at stop signs... I discovered with a rented F150 pickup a few weeks ago that some vehicles shut their engine OFF everytime you come to a full stop, even if you are stopping for 1 second at a stop sign, engine goes off.

I did not like that, and I quickly found myself slowing down short at red lights and stop signs, and keeping the F150 rolling just enough ... so... the .... energy ....efficient ...engine [OFF] Dam it! It did it again!

so yeah, that is a thing now. I'm sure there is a driver preference setting somewhere 6 levels deep in a menu to turn that off, but I was not about to fuss with it on a rented truck.
My wife's truck has the same auto stop and stop feature. I found the off switch real quick, looks like this, on far right, if you ever drive one again.

KCW, KCW, Scrumdown and 1 others like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
didn't you just 'like' a post about specifically not trying to look into other drivers' eyes?
I agree to drivers doing a annoying things, that's what I "liked". 👍

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:08 PM
KCW

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
My wife's truck has the same auto stop and stop feature. I found the off switch real quick, looks like this, on far right, if you ever drive one again.
is that a Ford?

One thing I liked about the F150, I have a Fusion and most of the dashboard was the same,

but it did take me about 100 miles to figure out WTH the wiper knob was (could not see the symbol on it behind the steering wheel) and it took me 300 miles to figure out how to put down the center arm rest (had to stop for coffee, the button was on the far side of the arm rest where you could not possibly see it from the drivers seat).

That symbol looks like you push it if you want your Ass to fall off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode