when you lose your temper... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

when you lose your temper...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/0...-vstan-bdk.cnn

is it worth it? is it worth it to act out on your anger and agitate the driver of the 3,000+ pound vehicle? this biker has a 1-year old kid. to think he could have orphaned his son due to the consequences of him losing his temper and inciting the other driver. doesn't matter if you are right and they are wrong. what matters is being safe. and knowing that you're not the only emotional being on the road and not everyone is as level-headed as they should be. so what that car cut you off. so what they are following too close. so what they brake checked you. or flipped you off. or honked at you. or did anything else that caused you to think they have a lesson to learn and you're the one to teach it. JUST GET AWAY FROM THEM. there is plenty of road for you to not have to be near them. because when you put your pride or ego ahead of your safety, things like this happen. and you may not be as lucky as this guy was to talk away from it.

i just urge everyone out there to please be level-headed while riding this season. i hope we all have significant others, children, parents, siblings, friends, and other relatives who would sure be upset if something happened to us and it could have been avoided if we had simply decided to change speed, switch lanes, or even gotten off that road to get away from whatever dangerous fool had angered us. so the next time some idiot causes the anger sharks to start swimming in your head while riding, just remember GOOOOOOOOSFRABAAAAAAAAHHHHH.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 PM
KCW

Garage
Was taking my family on a 2 week vacation to the outer banks many years ago: Dodge 250 van pulling a Coleman Camper. Just 3 miles out from my home crossed a 4 lane road and pulled into a gas station to tank up the Dodge.

I heard a car go flying down the street and didn't think much about it. Just as we were getting back in the van there were police cars and ambulances everywhere.

Found out later some guy from the next town over had just murdered his wife, got in his car, and went flying down that street at 90mph, swerving and trying to hit another big vehicle head on, to kill himself. Several cars went off the road to get out of his way. The guy lost it on a curve and hit a tree and died.

When you see someone driving like an idiot that is all you need to know. You don't know what is going on with that person, who is in their trunk... You already know they are an idiot. I have no desire to engage a person like that, for any reason.

There are 7 billion + people on the Earth. I do not have the time to fix them all.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 07:29 PM

Garage
Thats insane! I hope that vehicle driver goes to jail
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:20 PM

Garage
Crazy stuff like this is always in the back of my mind. This is also why I legally carry a pistol with me, especially on a bike. It is the exact same principal as a condom back in the day, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I don't have to have fast, I just have to have fun!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblitz09 View Post
Crazy stuff like this is always in the back of my mind. This is also why I legally carry a pistol with me, especially on a bike. It is the exact same principal as a condom back in the day, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
i'm glad i got my ccp's 30 years ago it's becoming impossible to get them in some states now

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:52 PM

It's CNN. Fake news.
Scrumdown and Scrumdown like this.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:03 AM

From my experience it never ends well when you lose your head or give a road rager what they want, a confrontation. IMO getting into a heated argument is a waste of time and energy because you're not going to beat sense into the head of an idiot. But I do use sports cams to capture an incident if I decide to take legal action and need proof of what transpired.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:28 AM

Garage
Can't watch the video, but I doubt I'd be very shocked. CNN. May they all come back as camels of syphlitic arabs.

And another pox on the drivers who intentionally or otherwise cause havoc on our roads.

I need to get that carry permit this year. I've been saying that for a decade.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 08:45 AM
KCW

Garage
I may have been lucky my entire life, and maybe its partly due to where I live and other random factors that were not the result of my own actions, but after 60 years I have never been in a situation where I have needed to kill another person to protect myself or someone else.

After 2001 I was an active sailor, and I carried my sailing knife in my pocket all the time, which I could open with one hand (which is what you need on a sail boat to free yourself if you are tangled in ropes), and to some degree I could have used it to defend myself, or attack someone to protect someone else. It was also useful for things like cutting seatbelts at an accident, opening packages, cutting food in a restaurant when they give you those crappy plastic knives... So I was not carrying it around for 20 years for the sole purpose that someday I might have to kill someone with it.

I could easily obtain a CC permit. I was an expert marksman with a 45 in the Coast Guard. I would have to reach the point where I felt it was necessary to have a weapon for the sole purpose of killing another person. So far I have not come to that point, and I think if I was going in that direction I would rather move somewhere else (the Earth is larger than the human mind can really grasp).

Im not posting this to be judgmental of anyone that carries a gun. We all have our personal understanding of the realities of our world. I have always been able to deal with other people, in conflicts and confrontations, without the need to resort to violence. I have insurance on all the things that would be expensive to replace, so I have no need to protect anything by force - Yamaha will be more than happy to build me a new motorcycle, if someone wants mine so much they are willing to steal it, Im not going to stop them.

One of the moments of clarity in my life happened when I was 19. I enlisted in the Coast Guard, and was on my first trip on an plane. The jet just happened to fly over the house where I had lived for my entire life. We were already a mile in the air, and looking down the entire neighborhood was smaller than my thumbnail on the window. 99% of everything I had ever done, all the people I interacted with, were in that tiny little place, then I looked up and could see 100 miles in all directions.

The world really is more vast than we can comprehend.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Garage
KCW, I understand your point completely, but do you think one of the insane random gunmen would? I'm not trying to start anything here, it is just sadly the world we live in today. No matter where you go.
graybeard and graybeard like this.

I don't have to have fast, I just have to have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode