Just delivery me what i ordered! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By skypupbob
  • 1 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 2 Post By fd757

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just delivery me what i ordered!

So as some of you may remember, my fuel pump died at the start of my trip down Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Tail of the Dragon. After getting the bike home and making 100% it was the fuel pump. I went online and ordered the part. All local shops said $200-plus and it would be a week before they got it. And the company i ordered it from was close enough to same frame. Well ...

UPS lost my fuel pump. They have no idea where it is. So after several phone calls between the company & UPS it is being resolved. The company is sending me another fuel pump and UPS is reimbursing the company for the lost package. Good news, per the USPS tracking number, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Sat 6/30) by 8pm. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I stoked!

What eff-ups have you had ordering items online? Were this issues resolved? Did you lose money? Etc.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 10:16 AM

The only snafu I've had was a part shipped from Seattle to Boise Idaho. After a week and a half ,I called and they told me "no problem, it's scheduled to leave Kansas city tomorrow"! I think I grumbled something about whether UPS owned a map and hung up . I got the part four days later.
Elk likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 04:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumdown View Post
So as some of you may remember, my fuel pump died at the start of my trip down Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway to Tail of the Dragon. After getting the bike home and making 100% it was the fuel pump. I went online and ordered the part. All local shops said $200-plus and it would be a week before they got it. And the company i ordered it from was close enough to same frame. Well ...

UPS lost my fuel pump. They have no idea where it is. So after several phone calls between the company & UPS it is being resolved. The company is sending me another fuel pump and UPS is reimbursing the company for the lost package. Good news, per the USPS tracking number, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Sat 6/30) by 8pm. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I stoked!

What eff-ups have you had ordering items online? Were this issues resolved? Did you lose money? Etc.
Hey Scrumdown, let me know when you think you’ll be down here on the Parkway where it crosses over 421.
Would love to meet up with you if possible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

i bought a mustang seat with studs back in 2010. they sent me one without the studs and it was right before a cross country trip. since the one with studs was on back order, they told me to just use the one they shipped until the correct one was sent out to me. so that was decent of them to let me put on some 5,000 miles on a seat i would be shipping back.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Hey Scrumdown, let me know when you think you’ll be down here on the Parkway where it crosses over 421.
Would love to meet up with you if possible!
I most certainly will.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Good news, per the USPS tracking number, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Sat 6/30) by 8pm. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I stoked!
I was helping my brother-in-law with a football fundraiser. And I recieved a call from my daughter. The convo goes like this ...
Her: Dad, guess what?
Me: Chicken butt.
Her: Daaaaad.
Me: Yes?
Her: It came!
Me: My part?
Her: Yes! Like they just delivered & brought it in.
Me: Cool! Very cool! Thanks for the call sweetie.

Yes, I am super stoked! I just got done with the fundraiser & am having a beer. Then going to put the part in & start up Big Bertha.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Good news, per the USPS tracking number, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Sat 6/30) by 8pm. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I stoked!
I was helping my brother-in-law with a football fundraiser. And I recieved a call from my daughter. The convo goes like this ...
Her: Dad, guess what?
Me: Chicken butt.
Her: Daaaaad.
Me: Yes?
Her: It came!
Me: My part?
Her: Yes! Like they just delivered & brought it in.
Me: Cool! Very cool! Thanks for the call sweetie.

Yes, I am super stoked! I just got done with the fundraiser & am having a beer. Then going to put the part in & start up Big Bertha.
Awesomeness! I bet you’re excited!
When are you supposed to do your Blue Ridge run?
Scrumdown likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 06:13 PM

Garage
I ordered big roller starter clutch with the dampener. Those new bearings that are supposed to come with it? Yea they weren't there and I had the cover off, starter clutch ready to go back in, but the dampener wouldn’t fit. I was pissed. Payed $120.00 more for the kit with the dampener than the one with just the starter clutch. After getting eBay involved the company sent me the bearings after it was all put back together. If any of you have done that job, you know I am not taking the cover off again anytime soon. Frustrating for sure!!!!
KCW and Scrumdown like this.

Last edited by fd757; 06-30-2018 at 06:17 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
I have a good and a bad dealing, the good one is I ordered a Cobra slipon 2275 muffler from the US from an ebay shop called LeClare Powersports, the muffler duly arrived but had suffered some small dents on the inside part of the muffler during shipping nothing major but still took the shine off my brand new muffler, so I took a few pictures and emailed the company concerned hoping that I would get a bit of a discount as I was not going to send it back as the shipping was A$166 ..... but right from the first email the guy was really good to deal with and I was very quickly given a FULL refund and got to keep the muffler which I had installed already! I was very impressed with their handling of this.........

Which is just as well because it looks like I might be having trouble with Viking Bags trying to get a refund from them here in Australia, they are terrible to deal with and I would advise anyone who is thinking of buying from them to think twice about it as their after sales really sucks ..... even though the courier has a signature from the delivery Viking Bags are still saying they never recieved the RMA'd goods, I sent the bags back as where the lids are secured with velcro those sections had started to curl up on the ends so as to not stick to the velcro and it was only going to get worse ......... anyway not sure if the US people at Viking Bags are any better, but I hope so!!

Dale LeClare email response:

I looked at the pics, i believe this was damaged in transit: every box that goes through the ebay Global Shipping Program gets opened and inspected in kentucky USA. and although they usually do a good job re-packing it, we have seen may times were they simply do not do a good job and things get dinged up in shipping during the rest of the journey. the bracket can cause damage to the chrome pipe if not packed properly, even through the plastic bag.
The good thing is that you are 100% covered with the insurance that is included with the shipping price. here is the instructions: open up a return case and there may be an option for 'damaged in transit'. if not, 'item not as described' will work. upload the pics you have here to the case and give a little detail about the dings and scratched. then, we will contact ebay to have them close it out with a refund to you.
Thanks, Dale

Dale LeClare
Owner
LeClare Powersports
5360 S. Campbell Ave Suite D
Springfield, MO 65810
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Awesomeness! I bet you’re excited!
The part arrived about 3:30pm. Got it installed late Saturday night. (Had past my limit of operating any machinery on public roads ) Put 30 miles on Sunday and rode into work today. It feels good to be "ALIVE" again.

Quote:
When are you supposed to do your Blue Ridge run?
I do not know. Most of my vacation this year is tied up in family trips and saving some for when the wife's knee surgery happens. However, I will let this forum know. Because, I will be screaming about it/telling anyone who will listen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode