What emergency stuff do you keep on your bike? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What emergency stuff do you keep on your bike?

I thought this might be both interesting & informative.
I myself had advanced first aid training as well as being a certified CPR Instructor. Because of this training I learned to be prepared cuz you never know what someone else or even YOU may need.
I have always carried on my bike a fully stocked medical kit including respirator mask with O2 & ambu bag hookup as well as a tracheal intubator. I cannot count the times I’ve been FIRST in the scene of an accident and had to triage before the professionals arrived.
Are YOU prepared if needed??
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 06:57 PM

Garage
One of my saddlebags is always full with emergency stuff. I go overboard as I have the room to do it. I bought a small medical kit, (band aids, oilment, ace bandage, etc.) which in the saddlebag. Other items include: full rain suit, assorted tools (few wrenches: 8,10, 10,11,12 14), adjustable wrench, vise grips, couple screw drivers, electric tape, piece on electric wire, assorted fuses, multi folding tool that has knives on it), zip ties, rubber gloves, towels, piece of fuel line, spark plug, bailing wire (yes the type from a hay bail), some bungy cords, assorted nuts and bolts, small Atlas, plastic bags and a change of socks (I hate wet feet), quart of oil, kick stand puck. I think that's all. It all fits in one saddlebag. Yes, it's overkill. The cool thing is that in the past 5 years that I've had the 1100, except for rainsuit nothing has been used on my bike. Many times I've repaired other people's bike while on the road. They always think I'm a nut (which I am) when they see me start digging into my saddlebag, until I get them on the road. Except for a flat tire (which I have removed on side of road before) or a really major failure I can get your bike running. As you can tell I've ridden some really unreliable bikes in the past. Yes, I was a boy scout waaaay back when, actually an Eagle Scout.
bevo1981 and Keith Post like this.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 07:40 PM

Stock tool kit, Extra pack of smokes and a lighter.
Keith Post likes this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 05:49 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I thought this might be both interesting & informative.
I myself had advanced first aid training as well as being a certified CPR Instructor. Because of this training I learned to be prepared cuz you never know what someone else or even YOU may need.
I have always carried on my bike a fully stocked medical kit including respirator mask with O2 & ambu bag hookup as well as a tracheal intubator. I cannot count the times Iíve been FIRST in the scene of an accident and had to triage before the professionals arrived.
Are YOU prepared if needed??
As I do not have the training for most of that I do not carry it. I have a basic med kit and a nice tool kit. I carry bottled water at all times and extra rain gear.
Keith Post likes this.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
One of my saddlebags is always full with emergency stuff. I go overboard as I have the room to do it. I bought a small medical kit, (band aids, oilment, ace bandage, etc.) which in the saddlebag. Other items include: full rain suit, assorted tools (few wrenches: 8,10, 10,11,12 14), adjustable wrench, vise grips, couple screw drivers, electric tape, piece on electric wire, assorted fuses, multi folding tool that has knives on it), zip ties, rubber gloves, towels, piece of fuel line, spark plug, bailing wire (yes the type from a hay bail), some bungy cords, assorted nuts and bolts, small Atlas, plastic bags and a change of socks (I hate wet feet), quart of oil, kick stand puck. I think that's all. It all fits in one saddlebag. Yes, it's overkill. The cool thing is that in the past 5 years that I've had the 1100, except for rainsuit nothing has been used on my bike. Many times I've repaired other people's bike while on the road. They always think I'm a nut (which I am) when they see me start digging into my saddlebag, until I get them on the road. Except for a flat tire (which I have removed on side of road before) or a really major failure I can get your bike running. As you can tell I've ridden some really unreliable bikes in the past. Yes, I was a boy scout waaaay back when, actually an Eagle Scout.
DANG Les!! There’s “prepared” and then there’s “neurotic”! I think I’m gonna call you
MAGYVER from now on! Lol!
Well, if anyone has an issue while at Maggie Valley, we ALL know who to go to,
”Magyverblank”. 👍😁
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:11 PM

Garage
I'll be ready. 😊

Keith Post likes this.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
I'll be ready. 😊

LOL! Good one! I bet you have that and MORE!
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 08:05 AM

Garage
I carry a portable battery jumper. Some bungies. The stock tool kit. AND last but not least, DUCT TAPE! If I need more than that, I might as well trailer Big Bertha home.
Keith Post and graybeard like this.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 02:45 PM

Garage
Brandy and a bandaid.
Keith Post and Scrumdown like this.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 PM

Garage
Iím with Scrumdown, I carry what he does with a few wrenches and a flat tire kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
graybeard and Scrumdown like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode