Pain in the Ass - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaOmega

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Pain in the Ass

I've got two rips and a bulging disc in my spine and intense tailbone pain that prevents me from riding more than a few hours. I had another steroid injection in the tailbone this week and after a few days I've noticed perhaps a slight improvement. Hopeful it takes. I'm using a top gel pad with a cutout for the coccyx and it helps but it's not ideal. Buying a seat online is daunting because who knows if that is the right seat for you? I bought an aftermarket Saddlemen seat once and it was a huge improvement but they don't make seats for every (my current) bike. I could take my seat in to a custom seat guy this winter but assuming they aren't orthopedic surgeons or neurologists I'm not sure how to relay what I need to keep my ass in the saddle longer. I know this is not uncommon and would be interested to hear others seat wins and fails.

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here’s a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Garage
Other than calling the various manufacturers and talking to them about your specific needs, which I would recommend trying a few of them at least, you might try getting a little crafty. Should be able to buy a seat pan or a used OEM seat and try building it up with a few different materials. I imagine that this would be cheaper than buying and trying several aftermarket seats only to turn and try to sell them on CL or here on the forum. Figure just sitting on it in the garage will give you a quick idea if you think what you built might help or not. Just cover the material with a vinyl for taking it out on the street. Once you get it almost all the way to comfort, try the custom shop and see if they have any improvement ideas.

I'll be interested in what you end up figuring out on this, as I am sure many others will be.
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode