Moving to a Spyder from the Vstar 1300 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By My 1100
  • 1 Post By Brad_G

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Moving to a Spyder from the Vstar 1300

I still favor the likes of Yamaha and the Star Bikes. But at this time and the demands of my riding needs, I felt the attraction to the CanAm Spyder and yielded to the temptation yesterday. I run across a very low mileage 2009 RS SM5 Red and Black Spyder at a local dealership and was able to agree on a price we both could live with. SO I brought it home. I called the Yamaha Dealership I purchased the Vstar 1300 Deluxe from and he told me to don't hesitate and would give me most all I paid for it to have it back in his inventory.

Thanks for the welcomes and all the information I have received here and I'm not closing my membership, just having to focus on the Spyder information at this time. I feel there will be other StarBikes in my future as I will always recognize the good deals as they arise from time to tome, especially when I begin missing the "Cruiser" experience and enjoying riding out in the country.

Where ever and what ever you choose to ride, please ride safe...MD in SC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180810_195357.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	81848  
Keith Post likes this.

2014 Yamaha VStar 1300 Deluxe
OEM Yamaha 2-Piece Engine Guards
Charcoal Silver

"Never choose Luck when Knowledge or Experience is an Option"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 04:41 PM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Enjoy your new bike.. Those are so much fun to ride!!!!!

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 05:36 PM

Garage
Congrats on the new ride. I hope you have many trouble free miles on it. Don't be a stranger!

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags

Last edited by NorthernRider; 08-11-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 09:07 PM

Garage
Yes, stick around as a lot that is discussed here has to do with the riding experience and not so much as to what you ride. Congrats and enjoy the new ride.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Garage
Iím glad youíre not leaving us My 1100. Stick around and keep us informed on how youíre enjoying the Spyder. Iíve met several different people that ride them and theyíve all been pleased with it. I like that deep red color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 1100 View Post
I still favor the likes of Yamaha and the Star Bikes. But at this time and the demands of my riding needs, I felt the attraction to the CanAm Spyder and yielded to the temptation yesterday. I run across a very low mileage 2009 RS SM5 Red and Black Spyder at a local dealership and was able to agree on a price we both could live with. SO I brought it home. I called the Yamaha Dealership I purchased the Vstar 1300 Deluxe from and he told me to don't hesitate and would give me most all I paid for it to have it back in his inventory.

Thanks for the welcomes and all the information I have received here and I'm not closing my membership, just having to focus on the Spyder information at this time. I feel there will be other StarBikes in my future as I will always recognize the good deals as they arise from time to tome, especially when I begin missing the "Cruiser" experience and enjoying riding out in the country.

Where ever and what ever you choose to ride, please ride safe...MD in SC
I've always been intrigued by them. I'll be watching this thread to see how you like it after some miles. My step-FIL? (long story) bought a Kawasaki Nomad trike to replace his RSTD and sent it back to the dealership after the first ride. The "push" as he said almost crashed him. I'm curious how the Spyder rides compared to a typical 2 wheel bike.
Keith Post likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_G View Post
I've always been intrigued by them. I'll be watching this thread to see how you like it after some miles. My step-FIL? (long story) bought a Kawasaki Nomad trike to replace his RSTD and sent it back to the dealership after the first ride. The "push" as he said almost crashed him. I'm curious how the Spyder rides compared to a typical 2 wheel bike.
I don't quite understand.... "push". Do you mean that the motor is too strong or the acceleration is dangerous?

From what I have heard, the Can Am trikes are not very reliable.

1999 V-Star 650 Classic
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabluz View Post
I don't quite understand.... "push". Do you mean that the motor is too strong or the acceleration is dangerous?

From what I have heard, the Can Am trikes are not very reliable.
I haven't talked to him personally about it. But I assumed something to do with the way the dual rear wheels drive the trike and the fact it doesn't "lean" into a corner like a 2 wheel bike. That would be a very different feel for someone riding 2 wheels for the last 40+ years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode