Wow, what a great ride by Forum members... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 9Likes
  • 2 Post By YamahaParExcellence
  • 2 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 1 Post By YamahaParExcellence
  • 3 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 1 Post By ChiefGunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Wow, what a great ride by Forum members...

Rich, I felt like I was your co-rider...very well done...and was amazed in how bright, even in open daylight, are the SVTC's rear lights...and especially when Tony (ChiefGunner) went into vegetation created shadow. They became live. I am so impressed with that rearward visibility, that now I know what our rear end looks like, dawn, day, twilight, into full darkness. I always thought LED arrays were weak. Not any more...this vid showed me the what is what. Great ride guys...lots of twisties...

Post Edit: "Rich, I also re-watched this vid...and I wanted to compliment you...you have the 'mark' of a good and responsible rider....you at no time, felt you had to keep up, and tail-gate the rider in front of you. No...you enjoyed the ride, you made the ride your own...and that was that! That..my friend is the mark of a seasoned, mature rider. Nobody should worry, riding with you, in any group formation. Cheers!"

Joe
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 09-25-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post

Rich, I felt like I was your co-rider...very well done...and was amazed in how bright, even in open daylight, are the SVTC's rear lights...and especially when Tony (ChiefGunner) went into vegetation created shadow. They became live. I am so impressed with that rearward visibility, that now I know what our rear end looks like, dawn, day, twilight, into full darkness. I always though LED arrays were weak. Not any more...this vid showed me the what is what. Great ride guys...lots of twisties...
Yeah, Rich was a real blessing to everybody for taking the videos. Thanks again Rich!
Now I have to go get my OWN camera setup to record my rides like you do. 👍
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Yeah, Rich was a real blessing to everybody for taking the videos. Thanks again Rich!
Not only that...Tony...but he didn't crowd you...and make you spend as much time looking ahead to those curves, as also in watching the the rider in back of you, and what he was doing. That...again stated, is the muted sign of a great, mature rider. A lot of other rider's ego-engines, make them feel they 'have to keep up', two inches behind the lead riders.... I was impressed that Rich felt no need....he was on 'personal' tour!

Joe
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 06:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Not only that...Tony...but he didn't crowd you...and make you spend as much time looking ahead to those curves, as also in watching the the rider in back of you, and what he was doing. That...again stated, is the muted sign of a great, mature rider. A lot of other rider's ego-engines, make them feel they 'have to keep up', two inches behind the lead riders.... I was impressed that Rich felt no need....he was on 'personal' tour! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Joe
I’m looking forward to possibly Rich and I headed back up there about the 3rd week of October when the color change really hits.
What say you Rich?
Keith Post, nurtaeff and Scrumdown like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Nice ride! Slow enough through those curves the wind noise doesnít overwhelm the 113 rumble... Heard one board scrape. Seems about right for that type of riding, but that has been an occasional complaint in reviews...that maybe the Venture touches down a little early. Owners?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffieg View Post
Nice ride! Slow enough through those curves the wind noise doesn’t overwhelm the 113 rumble... Heard one board scrape. Seems about right for that type of riding, but that has been an occasional complaint in reviews...that maybe the Venture touches down a little early. Owners?
Don’t know if I’d call it “early”. You’re leaned over a SOLID 40+ degrees before they touch. I personally would like a little more, but you have to remember you’re flicking 963lbs through these corners almost like a sport bike. It handles extremely well. So much so that when you’ve got her leaned over and dragging the floorboard solidly, she does not feel unstable at all.
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode