Yamaha Jacket - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 1 Post By bevo1981
  • 1 Post By YamahaParExcellence
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 1 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Yamaha Jacket

Really like this jacket but don't like buying something that I can't try on and see for myself. Has anyone had one of these and if so how do you like it? What are the pros and cons and how is the fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Jupi...r=441912197154

2008 Stratoliner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:53 PM
KCW

Garage
http://www.motorcyclegear.com sells rev-it jackets and gear. they sell closeout and discontinued riding gear. I got my RPHA carbon fiber helmet from them a few years ago for $125. I have never seen another carbon fiber full face helment anywhere for that kind of price.

they also have reviews from customers on their website.

Thats not a yamaha jacket, its made by Rev-it with a yamaha logo. Check out the prices on the motorcyclegear website, and see how much more you are paying for those 6 letters sewn on from ebay.
cokerb likes this.

Last edited by KCW; 10-28-2018 at 09:55 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/produ...upiter-jacket/
cokerb likes this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerb View Post
Really like this jacket but don't like buying something that I can't try on and see for myself. Has anyone had one of these and if so how do you like it? What are the pros and cons and how is the fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Jupi...r=441912197154
I like this jacket better...high Yamaha logo visibility,...and the price is great:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Yamaha...frcectupt=true
cokerb likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 10-29-2018 at 05:50 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. Been trying to get by with cheaper jackets that don't fit very well. Finally trying to find the one that I like in looks fit and comfort. Your info helps.

2008 Stratoliner
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:29 AM
KCW

Garage
Ive been using the same Tourmaster 3 season jacket for the last 6 years. Its a mesh jacket with two zip-in layers, one is a wind breaker and the other is a thermal layer. Works good for me from 40F up to 90.

I think they changed their name to Cortex, or merged with them. I see both names on websites, and I have a pair of Cortex mesh pants, which appears to be made by the same company.

When I have the time to drag my camera and tripod out so I can take a photo of my self with all my gear on and my bikes, I intend to start an ATGATT thread. It will be interesting to hear what riding gear everyone wears.
Elk likes this.

Last edited by KCW; 10-29-2018 at 09:10 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
Ive been using the same Tourmaster 3 season jacket for the last 6 years. Its a mesh jacket with two zip-in layers, one is a wind breaker and the other is a thermal layer. Works good for me from 40F up to 90.

I think they changed their name to Cortex, or merged with them. I see both names on websites, and I have a pair of Cortex mesh pants, which appears to be made by the same company.

When I have the time to drag my camera and tripod out so I can take a photo of my self with all my gear on and my bikes, I intend to start an ATGATT thread. It will be interesting to hear what riding gear everyone wears.
I have also been looking a the Tourmaster. In fact found the other while looking. How is the fit. I am 6 ft tall 210 lbs and a 47 inch chest. If I order I want to be sure and get the correct size

2008 Stratoliner
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:15 PM
KCW

Garage
I have a large and its marked 44. We are the same size within a few pounds. You might be a bit more muscular than me. I have 34 or 35" arm length in a shirt, and this jacket covers the gauntlets in my gloves fine for me.

It would not hurt to get the next size up, whatever is above a 44 large.
cokerb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode