It's worth keeping - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 17Likes
  • 8 Post By LoupGarou
  • 2 Post By eruby
  • 3 Post By NorthernRider
  • 2 Post By Yamaha Pat
  • 2 Post By Keith Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

It's worth keeping

I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum. With the popularity of FaceBook, forums everywhere have suffered, post's on FB are here today and gone tomorrow while forums retain information. When I want to learn and share information I go to forums and YouTube not FB. The capacity for learning and sharing information is what makes the internet so valuable. I do not post often, but that is just my personality; however, I do enjoy reading everyone's post and apreciate all of you.

LONG LIVE FORUM'S... ESPECIALLY, THE STARBIKE FORUM...

2005 V Star 1100 Classic, Mustang seats, Baron ORK, risers and Star handlebar, AIS removed, muffler baffles removed, run/turn/brake light controller, modulating headlight, pods installed in air box, progressive front springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Garage
I hate FB. I have an account but it's just to keep in touch with a handful of friends from High School. I do not like joining FB groups.
Long Live Forums.

'05 V Star 1100 Silverado $2000
Jardine Rumblers Slash Cut Slip-ons $50
Ext. Depot Billet ORK $120
LED Daymaker Headlight from Amazon $59
LED Driving Lights attached to Stock Turn Signal Stems $29
SuperbrightLEDs High Power Brake LED w/ Brake Flasher $18
SuperbrightLEDs "Switchback" Front LED Bulbs $28
Unibar Engine Guard $35
Rear Fender Mini Luggage Rack $25
Throttle Assist $32
Cruising with the Wind in your Face - Priceless
https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Garage
Coincidentally, I just gave in and signed up for FB an hour ago (very reluctantly). It just seems that every time I want to check something online it's through the Great Evil (FB). I only signed up because the riding group I joined keeps in touch on it. I've been a member on various other forums and none of them have the feeling of family that this one has. I agree 100% with what LoupGarou said - this forum rocks and it's always my go to when I log into my computer. FB is just a little icon that will rarely be clicked.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags

Last edited by NorthernRider; 11-08-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:20 PM

Garage
I like both FB and forums. Forums are great due to the fact that when you get information, you can see among the members who it is coming from. Exchanging or buying from members in good standing is assurance of not being cheated. Facebook is a good way to gripe about things (usually the government) without hurting too many feelings. Yes.....I have been kicked out of some Facebook groups. Many years ago before FB or forums, I belonged to various "newsgroups".

1999 V-Star 650 Classic
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:48 PM

I'm a Facebook fan. Having never burned a bridge in my life I love people to look me up.The forums I'm involved in are a blast this a main one.
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 07:08 AM

Garage
I use FB mostly for keeping in touch with friends and some family. Im still friends with some people I went to grade school with. I avoid the negativity and only promote the positive.
This forum is primary to me because of the content, members, technical advice and thoughts. We all have different opinions but for the most part we all respect one another. Our Southeast members rally in September was a good example of the unity and camaraderie we members have. We made new friends and were already planning next years event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lesblank and NorthernRider like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Agreed, FB is certainly good to stay in touch with people and find old friends. I just hate that forums have suffered do to the group pages on FB. The way FB is formated is just not conducive to topic discussion and learning the way forums are, Fb is better for opinions and comments, not real discussions. JMHO

2005 V Star 1100 Classic, Mustang seats, Baron ORK, risers and Star handlebar, AIS removed, muffler baffles removed, run/turn/brake light controller, modulating headlight, pods installed in air box, progressive front springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode