Sound bar or Bluetooth headset? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Sound bar or Bluetooth headset?

Hi everyone I am purchasing a new bike and want to know your opinion sound bar vs Bluetooth headsets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:35 PM

Garage
Good question. My current bike has a nice radio, CD player and CB. I normally don't use it. The volume needs to be turned up pretty high at speed due to my exhaust, loud enough the whole street can hear it. I've used Bluetooth for years and really like it better. Everyone has their own thoughts on this but for me Bluetooth all the way.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks it's just the bike I thinking of getting has speakers and just don't know if I should swap it out for better or just get the headsets thanks for your advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

no installed or mounted speakers will put as much or as clear music as earbuds or a headset will do

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:13 PM

I tried a soundbar when I first got my bike couldn't hear it very well so I went to in helmet speakers. Problem was I wanted to hear some noise around me but couldn't very well with music being piped directly into my ears. So I bought a cheap 20 watt per channel am/fm receiver with usb and audio inputs and 2-3.5" full range marine speakers. Mounted it all in piece of plywood with cutouts and padded, covered, and studded then attached to bars using hidden straps. Worked out very well and can hear at highway speeds. My bike has stock debaffled pipes so not too loud.[IMG][/IMG]

PEACE and BLESSINGS

Last edited by Grizzer; 12-31-2018 at 10:19 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 08:52 AM

Garage
I use Bluetooth. The sound is phenomenal. Watch the volume though. You can damage your eardrums. The little rubber things that fit around the top of the ear can be annoying sometimes. My helmet has speaker pockets which would be ideal if I could find a set of Bluetooth speaker that produced enough volume but so far I haven't. Plus I think blaring music everyone else can hear is obnoxious, especially at lights.
lesblank likes this.

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, heres a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:47 AM

If you have a good Bluetooth system, the helmet speakers will give you very good quality sound... I have both on my bagger, Full stereo and switch to put the music through my J&M elite headsets in my Shoei 3/4 helmets and the sound is great... Better than the fairing speakers at interstate speeds.

BE WHO YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Garage
IMO I go with speakers on the bike, not headset for safety reasons. Putting earbuds in your ears or over them can make it harder to hear what's going on around you. The closer the music is to your ear, the less ambient sound get in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 06:30 AM

If you have your music blasting over speakers it will impede just as much as over the ear speakers. I have used both for over 10 years with no Ill effects. Of course I listen to music at a relatively low volume. I switch to the helmet when I increase my speed like at interstate.

BE WHO YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:15 AM

Garage
I've actually never had a problem hearing around me when "blasting" my speakers but then again I don't really have it up that loud unless I'm moving fast

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode