Spring Break Ride - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Spring Break Ride

Iím a week behind Les. Heading down to Bandera tomorrow, then the 3 sisters Thursday, and on home. Will post a few pics.

Love being within easy reach of the Frio Canyon. Yíall ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:48 PM

Garage
Be careful and have fun. If you haven't ridden 39 and time allows check it out. It follows the Guadalupe river and is a pretty nice ride.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffieg View Post
I’m a week behind Les. Heading down to Bandera tomorrow, then the 3 sisters Thursday, and on home. Will post a few pics.

Love being within easy reach of the Frio Canyon. Y’all ride safe!
Weather said you guys were looking at 75mph winds and storms through Texas.
That gonna affect you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Weather said you guys were looking at 75mph winds and storms through Texas.
That gonna affect you?
Cliffieg is probably on the road. I thought the same about weather, he might get wet going but sunny and clear in Bandera this afternoon for the next couple of days.

Scrumdown likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Waited out the storms this morning. Hit the road at 1. Windy today, but beautiful! Tomorrow is supposed to be perfect. In Marble Falls now. Luckenbach next. Then Bandera and the Arkey Blues! Lotta people waving at me today...must know I'm on the road to victory...
lesblank and graybeard like this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

things got a little hairy in the boonies. PAVEMENT ENDS. LOOSE LIVESTOCK. ....but i made it to Luckenbach. On to Bandera!
graybeard likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:54 PM

Garage
Last week when I was there the bluebonnets hadn't started to bloom yet. How about this week? Hey, watch those walking steaks, I've been told they like to ride. 😀😁

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=lesblank;995732]Last week when I was there the bluebonnets hadn't started to bloom yet. How about this week? Hey, watch those walking steaks, I've been told they like to ride. 😀😁

The bluebonnets were out in force along the FMs south of Marble Falls. Really beautiful out there today. 337 and 335 tomorrow. Saw about 60 miles of Tejas Iíd never seen before today, and it was pretty great.

The Old San Antonio Rd from south of FBurg to Comfort is pretty spectacular. Not to be missed if youíre in the area.
graybeard likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Wwlbd?

Safe at home.

Overall, a fantastic trip. The weatherman barfed on the hurricane winds this morning, however. Said NW15. Try NW50+. I was up in the canyon heights on 337 and have never ridden in anything like it. Feet getting blasted off the foot boards at times. Not a good feeling. Cut it off in Vanderpool and took 39 (as Les reported, beautiful, twisty route) into Kerrville. Pretty great riding rest of the day. Bluebonnets everywhere!

I did nearly run out of gas for the first time. Left FBurg expecting some sort of gas between FBurg, enchanted rock, and Llano. Nothing. Rolled into Llano on ďcímon babyĒ-s and fumes. 158 miles on one tank!!!! (Roadliner = 4.5 gallon tank). Unprecedented. 20+ on reserve. I choose to think of it as the Miracle of the Gallons.

Bottom line: wimped out on the bulk of the Sisters. Still did about 500 miles, though, and had a great time. Iíll go back in April and right the wrong.
graybeard and Yamaha Pat like this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 08:03 PM

Garage
Glad you enjoyed 39, it's just a cool easy ride twisting along the Guadalupe. I bet it was interesting riding the twisties with that kid of wind. Glad you made it home safely. How about some pictures? Remember, no pictures, it never happened.
graybeard and Yamaha Pat like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode