Stinger Bike Trailer - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By 17A
  • 1 Post By Yamaha Pat
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 1 Post By Yamaha Pat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
17A

Garage
Stinger Bike Trailer

Anyone use one of these? I bought one today. If was shipped for free to the nearest truck depot to me and I had to go pick it up. Comes fully assembled. Not sure if I will use it much but it will be there if needed. Seems to be very well made and put together. Should be super simple to load and unload with no help. It's rated for 80 MPH extended highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a2f63ed122122f8d76d97d267704c90c.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	83608   Click image for larger version

Name:	STNG-5452.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	83610  
lesblank likes this.

Dave
2007 V-Star 1100 Classic
Palmer Rapids, Ontario
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoN..._as=subscriber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:21 PM

I could put Cherry on it and tow it with the Strat.
lesblank likes this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 PM
KCW

Garage
very nice

one of the weak links of riding a motorcycle, something as simple as a nail in the road can ruin your roadtrip, cant just pull to the curb and put on the spare

Uhaul has motorcycle trailers that you can rent. Only problem for me is I drove my last car with a trailer hitch to the scrap yard in January, so right now I dont have a motorcycle breakdown rescue plan. My royal star has tubeless tires, so there is a chance a plug and some air might fix a flat, but my 650 has tubes.

When other riders in your area find out you have a MC trailer, you are going to have a lot of new best friends.
lesblank likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 PM

Years ago. I had an HD calendar in the back it had a place for phone #'s it was Bro, Bro, Bro, Bro with truck. Look into your insurance roadside assistance. But that looks like a nice trailer.
KCW likes this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
17A

Garage
Forgot to mention that it folds up to approx 3.5 x 3.5 feet also.

I will be field testing it when I go pick up my bike in about a month, or sooner if the weather allows. Still full bore sled season right now.

I will give a review on how she rides.

This is an older picture of one before they changed the coupler to a standard 2" ball.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stinger-Trailer-1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	83612  

Dave
2007 V-Star 1100 Classic
Palmer Rapids, Ontario
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 AM
KCW

Garage
the stressful thing about putting a motorcycle on a trailer or a truck is strapping it down

you need to use ratcheting straps and pull them tight enough to at least partially compress the suspension. If you dont, the first good bump or whoopDeeDoo you hit, the bike will push down on its suspension (like it does when you ride it) and all the straps will go slack. If they unhook or move when that happens the bike falls over.

The other thing is dont put the straps on the ends of the handlebars, that is too much force on the ends, and they can bend or give.

Ive seen a lot of motorcycles on craigslist with damage from falling over during transport... it happens a lot.

the bike and trailer must become 'one'

Last edited by KCW; 03-16-2019 at 01:09 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
17A

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
the stressful thing about putting a motorcycle on a trailer or a truck is strapping it down

you need to use ratcheting straps and pull them tight enough to at least partially compress the suspension. If you dont, the first good bump or whoopDeeDoo you hit, the bike will push down on its suspension (like it does when you ride it) and all the straps will go slack. If they unhook or move when that happens the bike falls over.

The other thing is dont put the straps on the ends of the handlebars, that is too much force on the ends, and they can bend or give.

Ive seen a lot of motorcycles on craigslist with damage from falling over during transport... it happens a lot.

the bike and trailer must become 'one'
For this type of trailer the manufacturer recommends not compressing the forks. Wrap a Soft Strap around the front wheel axle (on both sides of course) between the fork and axle and then attach to the tie down points with your straps which are forward. This pulls the bike into and against the chock securely. This way the bike suspension works normally over bumps without the straps bouncing up and down putting stress on the suspension. Because it is a rail system, the rear can be secured with only light compression on each side for stability.

Watch this video for Strapping down a bike

Dave
2007 V-Star 1100 Classic
Palmer Rapids, Ontario

Last edited by 17A; 04-01-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode