Bluetooth helmet head phones - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Highwayman
  • 1 Post By Dychhobbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bluetooth helmet head phones

I'm sure this is not something that most are concerned with but when I'm driving I like to have some background noise or something to get lost in instead of my thoughts. Would any of you have a recommendation?
I would prefer to not have to replace or charge my helmet, but my current headset is not adaptable in that matter I don't think.

Safety First, Comfort Second, Speed Always.
Consider, your decisions often affect others more than you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:39 PM

Garage
Double check in your area as to the legality of riding with headphones in. I have tried a few different options, without spending S**a prices. One option was the inductive headphones...they don't actually go in to your ears, so legal in my area. they work well in the helmet and give some noise, plus allow navigation to go through. Downside was that I had the wired ones and had to be careful getting off the bike, or it would snatch my head around haha. Next attempt was the BT-S2. I liked them well enough for the price. They have a good battery life to them...could make it most of the week on about half an hour round trip per day...and they lasted throughout a good weekend ride. Downside is one of the 2 charging cables went out, then the headsets started cutting out in one or either ear. They were a little quiet on sound level, even with everything turned up. They did allow for FM radio, intercom, and music from phone that allowed navigation to cut through, as well as phone calls. A surprise was that one phone could be shared between two headsets when paired properly. Latest attempt is the Freedcon TCOM-SC. Once again, you will have speakers in your helmet. So far I am enjoying them though. The sound quality and level is higher/better than the BT-S2, which is a plus when wearing earplugs (which surprisingly aren't illegal) and the controls (jog wheel instead of buttons) are a little easier to do. Has all the same features, not sure about 1 phone sharing music yet though. The intercom is definitely a lot better and can hit a button to talk while listening to music vice only one or the other.
Another option you see, is just the bluetooth speakers on the handlebars.

TLDR; Lots of options out there. Decide if you want headphones or speakers, then can narrow it down for your budget.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 PM

Garage
I've used Uclear for 5 years. I really like it. Sound is decent, good battery life, waterproof, cost effective, cross brand linkable, simple to use and has linked to multiple phones without any issues. I've used them over 9 hours before low battery tone started beeping. Wife has one on her helmet and intercom works great. I used the Uclear in HJC 3/4 helmet, HJC modular, HJC full face, Speed and Strength full face and Hawk full face. Fits well on all. I swap helmets often while washing helmet liner. I have bought additional mounts($10.00 each) for all my helmets. I use it on my daily commute and take phone calls often. Call quality is good up to about 60 MPH. Above that it can be hard to hear. Streaming music is good at any speed. Recently was coming back from San Antonio and went 84 miles in 59 minutes, so I averaged 84 MPH and music was good the whole time. If I had to replace it I would buy again.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
As for the legally, as far as I know the laws in NC allow for one earbud in, but I have stopped caring for earbuds. I'll check about headphones, or ask if I get pulled.
I have seen the inserts for half helmets that covers the ears, and I have no interest in full helmets, I don't like removing my glasses to put it on or take it off.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Garage
"something to get lost in instead of my thoughts"

I'm with you. A mind is a terrible thing.
lesblank likes this.

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here’s a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.shure.com/americas/produ...es-hear-it-all

comes in wired or wireless. i've used these for a decade. they fit well, sound amazing, and block out road/wind noise. i use the wired set and stream from spotify or pandora from my phone.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have used earbuds for years and my thanked me for switching to headphones and more so when I don't use either but I like to keep my entertainment private, especially what I have been listening to recently, nothing embarrassing just out character for the big biker type.
So, ya my preference is more headphones then earbuds.
lesblank likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode