Interesting phone App - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Boots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Interesting phone App

Hi All, I saw something on another forum, the "Run for the Wall" forum of which I'll be riding this year, but someone posted something I thought was pretty interesting and worth passing on. So, I'm pasting his message below which includes a link to one of his experiences. Since he already posted it publicly (I don't know the guy), I figure it's OK to add it here. I'm sure the Relive company won't mind. I downloaded it and did a little testing with it and it seems to work pretty well. Hope you like it:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Iím new here and the biggest downside I had last year was trying to get a feel for the run for the wall while it was going on. I could see the Scout tracks and that was really cool but it wasnít really telling me any of the story about the routes each day. While I plan to try to do some blogging on the route with a few write-ups, I wanted to point out an app for cell phones that others on run for the wall might consider using and I hope we could get at least one from each of the other routes to use it. There is a free version of the app and its limitations donít seem to be significant.

https://www.relive.cc/

This application is one that you start at the beginning of the trip and just let it run. It auto pauses when you stop somewhere and you can take pictures (up to 10) and upload them into the app, and at the end it will give you a video of your trip. Check the link below for an example I did of a family trip to the mining ghost town of Bodie, CA this last winter.

https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10002266424 (I canít create a link in this post because Google Chrome freaks out. Sorry. Copy and paste it I guess).

Its current downsides are: Photo slide duration is too short (1-2 sec) and need to be able to insert more pictures (10 is really too small. Need at least 20 I would think). But it would be great to do one of these for each leg of the day so at the end of the day you just hit finish and it creates a video of that leg for you. Blogging and video on the go.

Regardless, if you have friends or family that canít go (or you canít either), check back here for a video of each day of my submissions for RFTW each day on the central route. I wanted to post this here to get people thinking about it and some hands on before we head out.

If you have other alternative apps or methods let me know, I am always interested in other options, especially if they resolve some of the issues I listed above for the app.
bevo1981 and YammyV like this.

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Previous bikes:
2004 BMW K1200GT
1995 BMW 1100 LT
1970 Honda 500/4
1969 Kawasaki 500HD - 3 cylinder rocket
1968 Yamaha 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:46 AM

Garage
Boots did a little research on Relive app. Yes looks like it might be something to track your adventure rides, etc. Lots of folks do have Cam or Pro's they have invested in most recently but this is a good idea for those who would like to track for free. Thanks for your suggestion.
Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode