4Likes
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 1 Post By Scrumdown
  • 1 Post By bevo1981

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Rain Gear

Recently I started some threads on riding gear and forgot a major category, rain gear. We all get stuck in the rain from time to time, how do you handle it, rain gear or not? I use rain gear when ever it's wet. After going through many cost effective (cheap) rain gear I finally bought some quality items a few years ago. Olympus makes quality rain gear that works very well. It seals good to keep me dry and they breath pretty good. On the inside of legs is a heat resistant material to keep exhaust from burning pants. I've ruined many rain pants this way. The lower legs also have a velcro adjustment so pant legs don't flap in the wind and you can put on over boots. I wear Tourmaster rain boot covers to keep feet dry. Weather proof boots are great in winter but get hot in summer so I use the boot covers. For gloves, rain hurts hitting hands, I've got a pair of thick rubber gloves that are actually chemical resistant type gloves I think I got at harbour freight. Got them oversized to wear over regular riding gloves, hate having to dry out wet gloves. I have used this setup for several years and works great for me. I store my rain gear on my saddlebags. Don't forget to dry out rain gear before putting up, will get moldy and sticky. What's your rain gear like and what do you like or dislike about it?

Keith Post and Scrumdown like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:07 AM

Garage
I live in a town that got its start working the water. So as far as rain gloves, I've thought about buying/using the same gloves the watermen do. If I get a chance today AND I remember. I will take a picture of the gloves.
Other rain gear...
I purchased a new rain suit. Kept me dry, but got a hole burnt in it because of my exhaust. (Company replaced it, free of charge.) I have since decided to an archery arm band around my calf to keep the excess from touching the pant leg. It works.
Boots ... bought leather motorcycle boot that say they are resistant. I applied 'sno seal.' & it seems to have helped.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Keith Post likes this.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

harbor freight makes dishwasher gloves? do you also use them to wash your bike?

Keith Post likes this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
harbor freight makes dishwasher gloves? do you also use them to wash your bike?

Only use them in rain and washing the dishes. 😀

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode