Next year Rolling Thunder? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By 750 Chris
  • 1 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 1 Post By 750 Chris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Next year Rolling Thunder?

We've heard how this current year, still going on as this is typed, will be the last for Rolling Thunder. The President has publicly stated that it will go on for many years to come yet those in-the-know say otherwise.

Be that as it may, I just got through reading a short news story about how instead of the main huge trip, Rolling Thunder will be broken down into regional events.

Pray tell does anyone know how those will be organized? Where they'll take place (I am interested in the PNW area)? And so forth? I realize these questions may be a bit early since it is still in the process of happening now.
Redbird58 likes this.

750 Chris Here in this forum
750 Chris In VRA forum
Vn750Guy** In vulcanforums
750 Guy In VROC forum
Chris and Shim In vn750.com forum
Long retired USAF AMMO troop (74 to 95)
Fully retired now
2005 Yamaha Virago 250
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750 Chris View Post
We've heard how this current year, still going on as this is typed, will be the last for Rolling Thunder. The President has publicly stated that it will go on for many years to come yet those in-the-know say otherwise.

Be that as it may, I just got through reading a short news story about how instead of the main huge trip, Rolling Thunder will be broken down into regional events.

Pray tell does anyone know how those will be organized? Where they'll take place (I am interested in the PNW area)? And so forth? I realize these questions may be a bit early since it is still in the process of happening now.
It truly is way too soon to tell. Artie Muller was just on CSPAN live and talking about President Trumps comment.
At this point NOTHING is going forward until Artie and the leaders have a chance to sit down with Trump and find out what he can actually do for them.
Let’s face it, the actual tally this year was OVER 1 MILLION motorcycles! That’s massive for any city to handle.
It’s gotten so big that I can see the benefit of having smaller regional rallies.
We’ll just have to see what Artie Muller & Rolling Thunder are able to work out with President Trump.
Redbird58 likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Doomed by its' own success. Regional events would seem to still be cool.

I knew it was really too early to ask but it was in my head.

750 Chris In VRA forum
750 Guy In VROC forum
Fully retired now
2005 Yamaha Virago 250
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750 Chris View Post
...yet those in-the-know say otherwise.
like the president of the event: "This is our final ride in Washington, DC. this is our final ride in Washington," Rolling Thunder President Joe Bean said, after being read Trump's tweet.
In December, the group said it would be hosting its last event in Washington during Memorial Day weekend in 2019. Organizers said the costs of putting on the national ride have become prohibitive, with last year's event costing about $200,000 in various related expenses.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Letís face it, the actual tally this year was OVER 1 MILLION motorcycles!
skeptical of that tally since it is still going on and the event itself estimated only half that amount for last year

on a steel horse I ride

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:04 PM

Garage
This will answer most questions about the events future.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Ah, I must admit that I did confuse the two events. I thought Rolling Thunder was the cross-country ride and until the beginning of the currently running RFTW thread never heard of Run For the Wall. Didn't hear a whisper about it.

I shall never be able to do a RFTW. WAAAY too expensive for me and too time consuming. I just cannot free up that much time and $$ to participate (I wish that I could dredge up the time but the wife and I babysit two of our grandkids and cannot swing putting that aside.). BUT..... something more regional may work for me, regardless if its called RFTW or Rolling Thunder.

So, if RFTW will continue as-is (good), then my interests must therefore lie in more local stuff even if "local" may be defined as something that covers a few states. I shall be waiting to hear more about what the story is in the months ahead.
bevo1981 likes this.

750 Chris In VRA forum
750 Guy In VROC forum
Fully retired now
2005 Yamaha Virago 250
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Let’s face it, the actual tally this year was OVER 1 MILLION motorcycles!
skeptical of that tally since it is still going on and the event itself estimated only half that amount for last year
I can understand how having that many actual Trump supporters assembled in Washington might bother you.
You must have missed the CSPAN news broadcast where Artie Muller himself stated 1 MILLION.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

what Trump supporters? this is a non-political memorial ride for fallen veterans. don't know why you would even go there.
and Artie Muller could have said 10 million, caps or lowercase. doesn't affect the reasons for skepticism at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollin..._(organization)

on a steel horse I ride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode