Random act of kindness..... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Random act of kindness.....

Whenever I hear about random acts of kindness I think about how people unite and bond in times of trouble and catastrophes.
This morning I had traffic court, speeding tickets, expired registration,etc. After court I went to my local Huddle House and had a late breakfast with my wife who was able to sneak away from work. She works 6.5 days a week, so we took advantage of the minutes we had.
As we walked in, me being in uniform as usual, one of the servers yelled out, ĎI didnít do ití, and laughed about it. I replied by saying, ĎI havenít heard that one but just a few thousand timesí, and it became quiet.
Seated in the booth next to us was a distinct looking man, and a boy about 12. The boy said hi and his grandfather nodded. There was two elderly women in the booth next to them and one of them thanked me for my service.
As we offered and waited for our food, my wife said I looked appreciative of the ladies comments. I noticed the man and his grandson finished up and left.
We ate and asked for our check. Our server came over and said, your check has been paid for by that man and his grandson. She told us he appreciates what you do and keeping us safe and didnít want me to say anything until after he left.
For one of the few times in my life, I was speechless! Just about the time I think people only care about themselves,they surprise me, proving that their is still good decent people left in this world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bevo1981, redcat, lesblank and 9 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:07 PM

Garage
That's awesome! My wife and I tried that for some members of our military when having breakfast while visiting my son when he was in college but we got beat to the pleasure by another grateful citizen. It made my day...and no it was not because I only had to pay my check that day but that others were as appreciative as I for the sacrifice that others are making on our behalf's! As always, be careful out there!

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you sir, I am always careful. Iíve done the same for some in our military. I once told a soldier thank you for your service. He thanked me and said, I was protecting us while overseas, but you were protecting my family while I was there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:30 PM
Premium Member

Great story and well deserved!

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Previous bikes:
2004 BMW K1200GT
1995 BMW 1100 LT
1970 Honda 500/4
1969 Kawasaki 500HD - 3 cylinder rocket
1968 Yamaha 250
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:04 AM

Garage
Boots,good to see you are still checking things out. Are you making any progress with your insurance situation?

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Thank you sir, I am always careful. Iíve done the same for some in our military. I once told a soldier thank you for your service. He thanked me and said, I was protecting us while overseas, but you were protecting my family while I was there.

If that doesn't make you grateful for living in America nothing will!

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:22 AM

Garage
First, I want to thank you for your service.

I have been beaten to the punch a few times lately - and love it that there are others like me that want to show appreciation for what you folks do. I think of that when I see enough bad news to make me wonder about the future of our great nation and think there may yet be hope.

I am a veteran but never saw combat (unless you count south Philly in the late '60's) but am so glad there are people like you that do what you do.

Thank you.

You're never really lost on a bike. You're just riding somewhere you haven't ridden before.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 01:34 PM

Garage
One thing i do every 8 weeks is donate blood. I donate tomorrow as a matter of fact. I encourage everyone here to do also. It is easy (get a recliner). Maybe together we can make a difference. I hope i am not out of line for posting this.
Don
Keith Post and Redbird58 like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 01:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Our server came over and said, your check has been paid for by that man and his grandson.
Gotta love it. For each person that says or does something to show some appreciation, there are 20 more nearby who appreciate what you do without mentioning it.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks to all, I know sometimes it seems that a person doesnít say much, yet I know they respect what I do and the countless others that do this job. Again we know when we do it, it may be forgotten, yet it feels good when that random act of kindness happens.
In 2017 I found a missing child before he could even talk. It was the grandson of the manager of OíReillyís where we bought our parts for our squad cars, but didnít know it at the time. Heíd snuck out of the house while Dad was asleep and was running down the street when I saw him just before a severe thunderstorm hit that knocked down trees and power. I brought him to the Pd and stayed with him until the storm passed.
He now waves and wants to say hi every time I see him, and his grandmother is eternally grateful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode