Video Camera - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 08:39 AM

Garage
The grand kids will help you out...now if you can control yourself when they roll their eye's at you.. LOL
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Garage
I can see them clearly, what type of mount are you using when youre riding/ recording? Stationary the video quality is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Camera came with several mounts. It's mounted solid to the driving light bracket. I knew there would some vibration, it's a Harley, but it's still pretty good. I will live with it for now. I know mounting on helmet would be best, but I don't want it there.
Keith Post likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
Camera looks very discreet. I had to really look to see it. But I can't see the videos either.
I had troubles seeing the camera also. Having a printers eye my eye was drawn to all the crap on the shelf. Just kidding my garage i can't even see the work bench.
Keith Post likes this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #15 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:43 AM

Garage
Looks good les. Id leave the fender in the video. It helps give some perspective. Pretty clear video for a budget camera.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
post #16 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:44 AM

Garage
After watching the video i have a little constructive criticism. You should have stopped at the yellow light.
The shadow makes you look a lot bigger. If you got your old yamaha back it would shake less. And last i think it would be more efficient for the collectors if the recycle cart was on the other side of the drive. To sum it all up nice job!
lesblank likes this.

post #17 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeksvstarclassic View Post
After watching the video i have a little constructive criticism. You should have stopped at the yellow light.
The shadow makes you look a lot bigger. If you got your old yamaha back it would shake less. And last i think it would be more efficient for the collectors if the recycle cart was on the other side of the drive. To sum it all up nice job!
1. I'll stop twice next time at that light.

2. Any bike I'm on looks big since I'm still waiting for that growth spurt that the doctor promised me years ago.

3. You are correct on Yamaha shaking less. No the video looks like my brain, a little scambled.

4. I used to put trash can on other side. Then trash guys asked me to put it there. Trash man is now happy and will pick up anything I put out there.

5. Thanks for the nice job comment.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #18 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 04:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
1. I'll stop twice next time at that light.

2. Any bike I'm on looks big since I'm still waiting for that growth spurt that the doctor promised me years ago.

3. You are correct on Yamaha shaking less. No the video looks like my brain, a little scambled.

4. I used to put trash can on other side. Then trash guys asked me to put it there. Trash man is now happy and will pick up anything I put out there.

5. Thanks for the nice job comment.
But i believe the recycle guy is left handed.
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

post #19 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Her's a few more videos I took today. First one was at 5 am going to work. Night vision with camera is poor. Anything that reflects light or emits light don't record very well. This is part unlit road and then getting on freeway. Second video is on same road as first video I posted. This is an extremely rough road with big expansion joints, grooves and dips. This is actually the worst video section of over a hour recording going home. Third one is a smoother road, yes it rained on me today. Still getting a little more camera movement than I want, but getting better. The camera is going to work well for what I want.

Keith Post likes this.

post #20 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:43 PM

I like the video quality. There are a few giggly moments but overall it's well edited and nicely done. Now we need some music.
RRien07, Keith Post and blackadder like this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode