Customized Hopnel Tank Bib on Stratoliner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes
  • 2 Post By blackadder
  • 1 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By blackadder
  • 2 Post By NorthernRider
  • 3 Post By lesblank
  • 1 Post By Deeksvstarclassic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Customized Hopnel Tank Bib on Stratoliner

I wanted a tank bib for the Sparky but nobody seems to market one. The objective was to protect the top of the tank somewhat and give me a bag to hold things like glasses, garage door opener, possibly a water bottle, and whatever else I might want to put in there.* *I spotted a Hopnel Y60-321CF Carbon Fiber Tuxedo Tie bib that fits V-Star 950s and thought it looked like it could be adapted to the Stratoliner.**

I tucked the front of the bib under to front screws of the gas tank and added a couple of ties to keep the front end in place.* At the rear of the strap* there was a piece of double-sided tape but I added a couple more pieces of double-sided tape in front of the twist-on / twist-off connector for the out-of-the-box small bag and a tie that loops down under the front tab holding the seat in place.*

The pouch attached to the bib is kind of small but I figured I could strap something larger in place to provide more carrying capacity. While I was trying to find a way to strap an extra bag in place I realized I could remove the twist connector from the bag of the small pouch and sew it to whatever else I would like to use.* The result is an easily de-mountable pouch with added capacity.* The pouch is nylon and is not a match to the material of the pouch but the primary objective was function and not fashion

Now, if I can just figure out how to post pictures, I'll show y'all what it looks like.**

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:44 PM

Garage
Looks like it'll work pretty good. As hot as it is out there a bottle of water would be a good idea. Glad you figured the picture thing out.
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Les, I'm not sure what size of image I can load using Tapatalk so I converted the pictures to 640 x 480 by going to ResizeImage.net.

https://resizeimage.net/ It is a free online size and they delete the photos after 1 hour - or at least that's what it says on the site.

What I did was upload the photo (one at a time) to the site, get their program to resize it, transfer the photos back to my phone (I put them in a new folder) and then use Tapatalk to upload to the forum. It took a little time but was relatively straightforward. No code involved. I would rather use Tapatalk on my pc with Windows but it seems to purely be a smartphone app.

Gawd, I was born in the days of the Etch-A-Sketch. I need to catch up to the 'modern' world. (Smiley Face Emoji)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 04:17 PM

Garage
I use ImgBB. It's a free hosting site where you upload your pics, then under Imbed Codes choose BBCode full linked, click the copy button, then paste it to your post. You get full sized pictures. I know it sounds complicated but after you do it a couple of times it's really easy. I used TapaTalk before someone told me about this site and I find it a lot easier.

By the way, the bib and pouch looks great.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 04:22 PM

Garage
I have never liked tank bibs. I had one on my VTX when i bought it and fell in love with it. Super for glasses. I really miss it. Would put one on the classic if i found the one i like.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
I use ImgBB. It's a free hosting site where you upload your pics, then under Imbed Codes choose BBCode full linked, click the copy button, then paste it to your post. You get full sized pictures. I know it sounds complicated but after you do it a couple of times it's really easy. I used TapaTalk before someone told me about this site and I find it a lot easier.

By the way, the bib and pouch looks great.
I'll give ImgBB a shot! Thanks.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 05:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeksvstarclassic View Post
I have never liked tank bibs. I had one on my VTX when i bought it and fell in love with it. Super for glasses. I really miss it. Would put one on the classic if i found the one i like.
Found one you might like:

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 05:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
Found one you might like:

That one is a little long, i was thinking on the sexy line.
lesblank likes this.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeksvstarclassic View Post
That one is a little long, i was thinking on the sexy line.
You know the one with the beer belly cut out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode